Hawkesbury River Fishing

jamesds

Hi all,

My wife and I are going to be houseboating in the Hawkesbury River over Easter starting from Brooklyn Marina.

I'll be taking my fishing tackle (goes without saying really!) and was wondering if anyone had any GPS coords of some fishing hotspots that they would be willing to share? I'll have no sounder on the boat, but I will have my iPhone so I'll have GPS.

I must stay west of Juno Point, but pretty much anywhere else is fair game.

Tight lines :1fishing1:

James.

Edited by swordfisherman

Hi mate,

try the little bay on the north east tip of coal and candle opposite cottage point an hour before high for a jew.

waratah bay under the schools of tailor for a king, they seem to be moving through the system at the moment

little jerusalem for frigates and rats

berley hard

Thanks rooster, that's awesome. I'll post the pics when I get back :)

Hi mate,

try the little bay on the north east tip of coal and candle opposite cottage point an hour before high for a jew.

waratah bay under the schools of tailor for a king, they seem to be moving through the system at the moment

little jerusalem for frigates and rats

berley hard

Heh, I'm very excited about the trip - I've never fished the Hawkesbury and looking at it on Google Earth, there's just so many nooks and crannies to explore. I think I'll take the boat to Waratah Bay on the first day. 24km on a 10HP houseboat should take about 4 hours or so probably, but there are lots of public moorings in that area and lots of little bays to fish.

Already, I have all my gear packed and a shopping list to take to the tackle shop tomorrow! I'll be happy to land a few nice flatties and bream for the BBQ, but a king or a jew would be top notch :)

wish I was going