Fish Curry

1mark

Hi there, I'm a new member and yes some of my friends think I am a member :tease: but I just enjoy fishing even if I am not good at it. I was just wondering if anyone knows a recipe for fish curry?

A bloke i previously worked with (he is Fiji - Indian) made the best fish curry. Any fish curry recipes would be muchly appreciated.

270ml can coconut cream

1 1/2 tablespoons green curry paste

2 x 400ml cans coconut milk

1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce

1 tablespoon brown or palm sugar

500g perch fillets (or any firm, white-fleshed fish), cubed

4 kaffir lime leaves

230g can bamboo shoots, thinly sliced

juice of 1 lime

jasmine rice, to serve

Heat coconut cream in a wok over medium heat, stirring, for 8 minutes or until oil and cream separate. Add curry paste and cook a further 2 minutes.

Slowly stir in coconut milk, fish sauce and sugar. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until green oil comes to the surface.

Add fish, lime leaves and bamboo shoots. Simmer for 5 minutes. Stir through lime juice. Serve topped with coriander leaves over jasmine rice.

try that

270ml can coconut cream

4 kaffir lime leaves

juice of 1 lime

jasmine rice, to serve

Heat coconut cream in a wok over medium heat, stirring, for 8 minutes or until oil and cream separate. Add curry paste and cook a further 2 minutes.

Slowly stir in coconut milk, fish sauce and sugar. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until green oil comes to the surface.

Add fish, lime leaves and bamboo shoots. Simmer for 5 minutes. Stir through lime juice. Serve topped with coriander leaves over jasmine rice.

try that

That sounds sensational!! I will try that one for sure.

I tried a baked snapper recipe from this forum y/day at an Easter get together. It went down a treat. :thumbup: It was the honey, soy & chillie bake snapper. Yum!

Cheers,

Grant.

270ml can coconut cream

4 kaffir lime leaves

juice of 1 lime

jasmine rice, to serve

try that

Thanks breamhntr,

I will give it go, not sure about the coriander, i am not that keen on it :thumbdown: