Advice For Abercrombie Caves

high_speed_metal

Hi high_speed_metal

Abercrombie caves is on Grove creek and there is not much water in it if any. if you want to go yaking

you are better off going down to the Abercrombie river about 10 km away there should be plenty of water

down there for your yak. Fish wise you should catch plenty of carp in the river if you are realy lucky you might catch a native fish. personaly i would camp down at the river and go up to the caves for a day trip, the caves and river are not that far apart so you can drive to both and pick the best place to camp.

Jim

Hi high_speed_metal

Abercrombie caves is on Grove creek and there is not much water in it if any. if you want to go yaking

you are better off going down to the Abercrombie river about 10 km away there should be plenty of water

down there for your yak. Fish wise you should catch plenty of carp in the river if you are realy lucky you might catch a native fish. personaly i would camp down at the river and go up to the caves for a day trip, the caves and river are not that far apart so you can drive to both and pick the best place to camp.

Jim

What natives are in there? Cod? Prob a stupid Question but have never fished that river before.

What natives are in there? Cod? Prob a stupid Question but have never fished that river before.

we have caught silver perch ,golden perch and cat fish but not for a long time now, the carp

have taken over. it was also a good trout fishery years ago i dont even know of any one that

has caught trout or natives in that area of the river for years.

we have caught silver perch ,golden perch and cat fish but not for a long time now, the carp

have taken over. it was also a good trout fishery years ago i don't even know of any one that

has caught trout or natives in that area of the river for years.

That's a real shame, Bloody carp. If you know any local Secret spots to try out you can PM me :biggrin2:

Sounds like a challenge anyway...