Drummoyne Boat Ramp

Wantingaboat

Up that bloody hill that you can't do a uturn on or drive all the way round the other side of the park if you have someone with you to handle the boat. Haven't used it for years and was a prime candidate to have a pontoon but there probably isn't enough parking to justify it.

Up that bloody hill that you can't do a uturn on or drive all the way round the other side of the park if you have someone with you to handle the boat. Haven't used it for years and was a prime candidate to have a pontoon but there probably isn't enough parking to justify it.

That ramp is the best weekend arfternoon entertainmant in the local area!

Ramp rage at it's best!

Parking after 6am is a lucky dip.

They are going to modify the ramp and have a pontoon running down the middle of it reducing the ramp back to 2 lanes. There were pamphets suck on cars last week. bout bloody time!

Greg

Going to feel a bit thin as it isn't a real wide ramp.

At least a pontoon will stop boats banging into each other and might stop the age it takes for people to launch and get car parked. Kids will love playing on it there while daddy launches he he

First serious ramp biffo I saw was there years ago and it was 2 wives or girlfriends going at it while a wankboard boat floated away at dusk. Talk a bout vicious tongues and then then they went rabid and no sane person would go near em. Old bloke got it with his 2hp dinghy and they abused him for taking so long as he came back to the ramp so he let go of it. He putted off into the gloomy distance . Boys came and it all started again Some people need a bullet.

Seriously someone should film boat ramps and put em on utube with sound as some of the comments are classics. Always funny when you aren't involved but ramp rage isn't.

Great fish & chips at ocean foods up the top of the hill to sustain you while teh entertainment happens.

Jesus!!! Well as some of you might have read my maiden towing experience (in a Yaris too) will be this Saturday morning and i would really rather not to be having to deal with all of that trouble. If anyone can suggest an alternative ramp then i would be most appreciative. GregL seems to think its all pretty funny but as a beginner tower i think my stress levels will be high enough.

Cheers Guys/Girls.

Mike.

Jesus!!! Well as some of you might have read my maiden towing experience (in a Yaris too) will be this Saturday morning and i would really rather not to be having to deal with all of that trouble. If anyone can suggest an alternative ramp then i would be most appreciative. GregL seems to think its all pretty funny but as a beginner tower i think my stress levels will be high enough.

Cheers Guys/Girls.

Mike.

What time will you be launching the boat Mike as I want to make sure i'm there before you (just kidding)

I guess it don't matter what ramp you launch at there can all be subject to either Stress, Rage, a Giggle,

or all of the above....do you have anybody who could accompany you.....be it not so much as a bodyguard

more like to give you a helping hand and confidence boost.

Cheers Warnie

Hi Mike

Do you have someone more experienced to drop down there with you? Seriously Greg isn't having a goat you.

Ramps are funny places as we all over the years have stuffed up and left tie down attached , bungs out and so on. The trick is to laugh about it and try and sort it out quickly. Just got to take each ramp as you find it and the people there as well. When younger I would hapily let teh impatient scumbag behind me launch first just so he wasn't there being a bumhole when I was- well it cost me 5 minutes but less stress.

I will help anyone who is being reasonable and I reckon so will 80% of other people at ramps ( especially if asked) as it makes it smoother for all of us and everyone has different skill levels in reversing or boat handling.. Will always comment if I see someone doing something dangerous ( and sometimes get abused) and this normally involves their kids let loose and not supervised. Better me abused that them run over or drowned. I don't think Drum is any better or worse than anywhere else but as there is no pontoon it is often hard to hold a boat and get it sorted especially if on your own.. If there is a couple of you and you take it nice and slow just do it and accept nice peoples help and let the other stuff roll off your back.

I can cope with lots of inexperience at boat ramps but I still hate the experienced people who load stuff in and out of the boat at ramps when they could have done it on the trailer or the bloke who do unexpected fast moves be it in the car or boat around ramps or pontoon hogs who set up camp there.

We all think we get better at it , and we do till we do the next silly thing and for onlookers that can be a KAK. Just take a bow and break the ice as we all have different , cars , trailers and boats.

Watching people with similar boats for a afternoon will soon show you the good bad and the ugly or boat launching and ettiquette.

There was a launching ettiquete on a website rec fishing northern beaches or something ( guys that were sorting stuff against NPA) and I think that it sould be posted to every one with their lic and on a pole at the ramp as well as some people just don't get it.

Edited by pelican

Mike

Putney ramp is a good one and parking is usually fine before 10am.

It's the Kissing Point ramp and the end of Delange st Putney.

Duel lane with a pontoon near.

Just watch out for the river cat wake and it's a little slippery at low tide but otherwise a good ramp.

Greg

Grant i thought i might try it first but the only time i have used it i launched at low tide and had to drag the boat through about 100m of mud. That was the boats first time in water, or do i mean mud. I didnt bother checking the tides as at the ramps i have ever been to it didnt really matter especially in a boat as small as mine. Cheers for all the replies Mike.

Grant i thought i might try it first but the only time i have used it i launched at low tide and had to drag the boat through about 100m of mud. That was the boats first time in water, or do i mean mud. I didnt bother checking the tides as at the ramps i have ever been to it didnt really matter especially in a boat as small as mine. Cheers for all the replies Mike.

Hi Mike,

Drumoyne is Ok if you get there before day break on weekends and am home by lunch, it normally is busy on weekends, worse on Sunday, I normally fish through the week and its fine then. I Agree Hawthorne canal is a pain at low tide and have not used it in years.

Edited by Austwave