Tailor Off The Rocks

King slayer

Hi Raiders,

My tradesman got sick so had to finish work early today.. what a shame!

I heard about some big kings around a rock spot, so collected a few yakkas and a herring from Roseville on the way through and fished the rock spot, without any competition for a few hours.

Met Zenman down there too. Good to put a face to a name.

Had a yakka out under a float and was considering packing it in when the float shoots under and I miss the hook up...Damn, but I have more so on with the next one.

This one comes back head only after a minute so I got wise and thought...Tailor! I hooked the next one in the tail and out she goes.

Below is the result! :yahoo:

post-6713-1239264510_thumb.jpg

57cms and my new PB for Tailor. :thumbup:

I put out another livie which was being harassed by something very big and white (King!), but it didn't take the bait. Packed it in soon after.

Half the Tailor is for dinner tomorrow for my Inlaws, the other half and the head will be Jew bait over the weekend.

Cheers all. Dave

Nice work mate - good fish.

So were you fishing somewhere in middle harbour somewhere? I have 2 weeks holiday coming up so hoping to get a fair bit of fishing done.

I have heard that there are some good sized tailor around - at least at that size they are a good feed and a reasonable trade off if you can't find the Kings.

Cheers

jim

Nice work mate - good fish.

So were you fishing somewhere in middle harbour somewhere? I have 2 weeks holiday coming up so hoping to get a fair bit of fishing done.

I have heard that there are some good sized tailor around - at least at that size they are a good feed and a reasonable trade off if you can't find the Kings.

Cheers

jim

Ocean rocks Jim! But have caught and heard of good size tailor in middle harbour and main harbour too. Seems like they're all around right now.