Jervis Bay

Grimo

Hi all

Is anyone fishing out of jb this weekend ?

Has anybody any reports from down here?

grimo

Hey there grimo i was down jervis bay last sunday 5/4 monday 6/4 tuesday7/4 wensday8/4 and thursday9/4 i couldnt get out untill tuesday as the wind and seas were shit :1badmood: i was trolling out the front when hooked up a think it was a bluefin tuna of around 10/12kg? wich busted me off on the leg of the outboard motor.I then found some bait well alot of bait in about 43mtrs out the front of bowen island so i stop to drop a bait jig and found it hard as i was drifting quick as the wind was still up. As i went around for another drift i dropped down for another shot at the bait when i looked up and noticed this little black of around 50/60kgs surfing this big roller and crused straight past the boat whlie looking at me sideways lol i was not impressed. I quickly pulled out the skirts and started trolling for all zeros. I also got out on wensday and ended trolling skirts as the wind backed off and the swell decreased we ended trolling all the way to the drum ,jb canyons for all zeros not even a scerick of bait to be seen the water was only 21degs i trolled to the kink and and nothing barren! To be ohnest i seen more action in around 130mtrs of water i even seen a bait school getting chased i think they were tuna as they were werent stopping for jack so my advised is if you are already down there concentrate around 50metres to 130metres or unless you want to travel 25/ 30 miles east and if your down here in sydney hit browns as they are getting fish out towards that way. :1prop: sorry to have chewed your ears off but i wouldnt want you going down there and waisting ur time as i have learnt the hard way cheers and good luck steve!

I have a small boat and if venturing out wide is not go by what StessL72 has said, JB hosts another type of beast.

50lb minimim braid. 80lb flouro leader and a nice big livie. Downrig this around the cliff faces and get ready to loose a lot of tackle from huge bustoffs :1prop:

It's certainly a lot of fun!

I have a small boat and if venturing out wide is not go by what StessL72 has said, JB hosts another type of beast.

50lb minimim braid. 80lb flouro leader and a nice big livie. Downrig this around the cliff faces and get ready to loose a lot of tackle from huge bustoffs :1prop:

It's certainly a lot of fun!

Its dead at the moment' Sydneys going off aaaat the moment.