Good Friday Night Out

jew640

Hi this is my first post on a forum hope it works.

I took my wife and another couple out for what i thought would be a good session at clifton gardens it was my first time there from land and was quite impressed dropped the first line in around 5.30pm with some fresh squid we had caught on a earlier days outing.

After about 4hours using squid and plastics we decided to move on due to there was a big lack of bites and thought we would try the spit bridge for the first time also.

We found a nice un crowded section and once again threw a bait in and played around with a few plastics and like the rest of the evening there was no bites.

About to call it a night untill a squid chased my plastic in then i quickly put my favourite jig on and turned it into a good squid session to top up supplies for our next trip out.

Not to sure if it is a good land base squid spot but its allways fun squidding. If anyone knows of some good landbase squid areas i would like to give them ago thanks

Hi this is my first post on a forum hope it works.

I took my wife and another couple out for what i thought would be a good session at clifton gardens it was my first time there from land and was quite impressed dropped the first line in around 5.30pm with some fresh squid we had caught on a earlier days outing.

After about 4hours using squid and plastics we decided to move on due to there was a big lack of bites and thought we would try the spit bridge for the first time also.

We found a nice un crowded section and once again threw a bait in and played around with a few plastics and like the rest of the evening there was no bites.

About to call it a night untill a squid chased my plastic in then i quickly put my favourite jig on and turned it into a good squid session to top up supplies for our next trip out.

Not to sure if it is a good land base squid spot but its allways fun squidding. If anyone knows of some good landbase squid areas i would like to give them ago thanks

Welcome to the site, and bad luck on the lack of bites at CG.

Mate there are plenty of good squid spots and the Mosman area holds heaps. I have caught plenty at Neutral Bay wharf, Mosman wharf, High St jetty and Musgrave st wharf just to name a few.

Welcome to the site, and bad luck on the lack of bites at CG.

Mate there are plenty of good squid spots and the Mosman area holds heaps. I have caught plenty at Neutral Bay wharf, Mosman wharf, High St jetty and Musgrave st wharf just to name a few.

Cheers mate thanks alot i havnt done alot of land based fishing or squiding but i really want to get into it.