Trolling Good Friday

pauljm

HI raiders....just wondering if anyone caught any gamefish on good friday as we trolled to browns and beyond for just one stripey (tuna). Tried at least 20 different lures of all shapes and sizes as well as skip baiting the stripey so im wondering if we are doing something wrong or is there just nothing around? We had 26 degree water about 5 nm wide of browns and still couldnt turn a reel.... we r lacking a good sounder at the moment (im in the market for one) so this isnt helping our cause but in two trips weve covered nearly 200nm for not much at all! Anyone else had any results? Also did anyone else have 26 degree water yesterday as i am unsure if sounder reading is accurate.....and another question i have is if its a midday tide change at fort denison what would the tide change be at browns? Much difference? Cheers for any help and bring on the yft!

Tide change would be the same, sounds like you are doing things right, maybe just no fish around?

I wouldnt be changing lures too much, if any just shotgun, and run a spread of lures that catches fish. Fish dont necessary have to be at Browns, water may have been too hot there, look for 23deg water, much better than 26deg water. Have you guys caught Marlin or Tuna before, perhaps going out with someone that knows what they are doing will teach and help.

All the best.

Kamil

Tide change would be the same, sounds like you are doing things right, maybe just no fish around?

I wouldnt be changing lures too much, if any just shotgun, and run a spread of lures that catches fish. Fish dont necessary have to be at Browns, water may have been too hot there, look for 23deg water, much better than 26deg water. Have you guys caught Marlin or Tuna before, perhaps going out with someone that knows what they are doing will teach and help.

All the best.

Kamil

Thanks for the reply and we have caught marlin and yft before (1st one in this boat at pt stephens the other week) but mates on board fished the comps for a few years and caught many marlin.... yeah we didnt hang around browns much but trolled both tide changes (830am and 230pm) for no results again.... dont get me wrong because in beautiful conditions and with good mates and plenty of dolphns and stuff we have a great day on the blue water but it would top it off to have a few more strikes to keep us interested....seen a good hookup take place last week in closer towards the bb fad so that was promising.... interesting to see if anyone else had any luck as i think all in all its been a slow season for the marlin... but i did hear of some yft being caught wide of browns last week? unsure if thats true...did anyone else hear this?....thanks for any input.....paul