Attaching Pre-made Rigs

monch

Hi guys, i've read how people like to make some pre-made rigs at home like sliding snells, 2 hook rigs, paternosters etc and i intend to start making some myself.

However, i would like to ask how you guys prefer to attach these rigs to ur main line? with a swivel? line to line knot like a double uni? I've noticed some bad rep with using snap swivels but i think they are quite convenient for quick changes.

So what are your ideas?

Hi guys, i've read how people like to make some pre-made rigs at home like sliding snells, 2 hook rigs, paternosters etc and i intend to start making some myself.

However, i would like to ask how you guys prefer to attach these rigs to ur main line? with a swivel? line to line knot like a double uni? I've noticed some bad rep with using snap swivels but i think they are quite convenient for quick changes.

So what are your ideas?

G'day Monch,

The advantage of pre-made rigs is they're fast so when you want to change you can very easily ( I HATE tying knots in the middle of a hot bite!!)

To make it as easy as possible I either crip a loop or tie a solid brass ring in the end of most of my pre-made rigs. I have the rod set up with a good quality snap swivel at the business end, then clip on whatever rig I need, attach a sinker if needed via loops (that I tie into the pre-made rigs or tie to the swivel). I've never had a snap swivel of my own fail (had a cheap piece of &***%*!! one fail on a charter boat on a good fish once... NOT HAPPY)... just don't use cheapies.

Cheers, Slinky

G'day Monch,

The advantage of pre-made rigs is they're fast so when you want to change you can very easily ( I HATE tying knots in the middle of a hot bite!!)

To make it as easy as possible I either crip a loop or tie a solid brass ring in the end of most of my pre-made rigs. I have the rod set up with a good quality snap swivel at the business end, then clip on whatever rig I need, attach a sinker if needed via loops (that I tie into the pre-made rigs or tie to the swivel). I've never had a snap swivel of my own fail (had a cheap piece of &***%*!! one fail on a charter boat on a good fish once... NOT HAPPY)... just don't use cheapies.

Cheers, Slinky

I agree with Slinky,

I use snap swivels with no problems so far. Recently I have upgraded the snap swivels with high quality ball bearing ones.

Jeff