First Jew

prefertobefishing

Well its time for my first post, seeing I've been waiting for that half decent catch. I caught this jewey off my local wharf in the Parra river at about 2:00am after 6 hours of nothing. :ranting2:

But my persistence paid of with this nice little one. :thumbup::yahoo:

It was 83 cm and i guess was around the 4 - 5 kilo mark. It's my first jewey and I'm now I'm hooked

I WANT MORE.

I also caught this numb ray at balmoral, :mad3: I thought it was something decent. It weighed a tonne and fought like a bull.

This would be number to my list of odities, I've also caught two blue ringed octopus

What a great way to start your fishraider posting.

Congratulations on your first jewie, and nothing to be sneezed at at 83cm. Hopefully they will only get better and better from here. See persistance pays off.

Dont know about the blue rings though, I wouldnt like to go near them.

Looking forward to reading many more reports from you mate.

Cheers

Mrs Flightmanager

Hi prefertobefishing :1welcomeani: Congratulations on your first jewfish ! Well done mate :thumbup: I like the look of that numb ray of yours, if there is a fishraider section for numb ray photos I would be more inclined to enter my biggest starfish caught on a 5/0 and hauled in still hanging onto my personal best sea sponge...

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Nice work on your first Jewie mate, certainly beat mine, more than doubled it infact.

You didn't touch the numb ray did you :1prop: ?

Cheers

Josh

Edited by Josh88

Definatley did not touch it. But I told my friend to get the hook out as a joke and he touched It was very funny, we laughed so hard we almost fell in the water :074::074::074::074:

Nice work on your first Jewie mate, certainly beat mine, more than doubled it infact.

You didn't touch the numb ray did you :1prop: ?

Cheers

Josh

might see u ther one day .best bait ther is squid fresh or freshly frozen or live yellwtail or tailor the problem ther gets very crowded u gotta get ther early to get the spot. Can u eat the fish ther> Coz all the fish I caught ther taste like petrol> cheers bangus :1fishing1:

might see u ther one day .best bait ther is squid fresh or freshly frozen or live yellwtail or tailor the problem ther gets very crowded u gotta get ther early to get the spot. Can u eat the fish ther> Coz all the fish I caught ther taste like petrol> cheers bangus :1fishing1:

I don't eat any fish from the parramata river system. I see plenty of people take bream, whiting, flatty home all the time and I wonder if they really know what they are eating. I've been told jewey are ok to eat cause they travel.

My general rule of thumb don't anything caught west of the harbour bridge.

My usual haunts are northen beaches and middle harbour. Kissing point is just to get away from the missus when shes cranky :wife:

I don't eat any fish from the parramata river system. I see plenty of people take bream, whiting, flatty home all the time and I wonder if they really know what they are eating. I've been told jewey are ok to eat cause they travel.

My general rule of thumb don't anything caught west of the harbour bridge.

My usual haunts are northen beaches and middle harbour. Kissing point is just to get away from the missus when shes cranky :wife:

congrats on your first jewy mate many more to go

Hi prefertobefishing :1welcomeani: Congratulations on your first jewfish ! Well done mate :thumbup: I like the look of that numb ray of yours, if there is a fishraider section for numb ray photos I would be more inclined to enter my biggest starfish caught on a 5/0 and hauled in still hanging onto my personal best sea sponge...

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

What a laugh - starfish (Yes I got one in an earlier post) - sponges? Well not yet - I have to work out their tidal preference and migration paths first, then work out how to impale plankton on a size 77 hook.

I almost caught a penguin when one stole a yakka while I was catching it for live bait - I have a photo of it to prove it. We've done the obligatory seals, mutton birds, seagulls, boobies and albatross, did a green turtle once and hung onto a mate who was being dragged around the deck by a manta ray.

You gotta laugh, then re-rig....