Strike Pro

tan the fisherman

Which has worked best for you Hodgey?

The 129VS looks pretty sweet :thumbup:

Have the bubble pop 45's in colours similar to the A16 and XBBO which seem to work well on the bream.. and the terns! :wacko:

On another note Tan, when's ur next bobbin head session planned? should try have a session down that way some time soon...

Edited by throw me a fish

Which has worked best for you Hodgey?

The 129VS looks pretty sweet :thumbup:

Have the bubble pop 45's in colours similar to the A16 and XBBO which seem to work well on the bream.. and the terns! :wacko:

On another note Tan, when's ur next bobbin head session planned? should try have a session down that way some time soon...

have used all of them for Bream, Whiting, Bass/Eps, great poppers But I cut the tails off all the time.

Purchased myself a RE just today after all the good feedback cant wait to give it ago.

I got me the A16 this morning, they didnt have the RE - its rigged and ready to go - now just gotta find some time!

I love these lures and the Owner range that "throw me a fish" mentioned earlier.

Edited by tan the fisherman

What sort of depths have you all caught bream/flattys with these? I've used the AO6E around some rocky areas in Sydney with no result. Have a bought the wrong one? am i trying it in water too deep (2-5m) or was lady luck not with me? (I left the tail on..does it make that much of a difference)

Cheers

What sort of depths have you all caught bream/flattys with these? I've used the AO6E around some rocky areas in Sydney with no result. Have a bought the wrong one? am i trying it in water too deep (2-5m) or was lady luck not with me? (I left the tail on..does it make that much of a difference)

Cheers

I generally find bream where I find whiting when poppering, shallow waters from .5 to 2 metres heavy weed beds with the odd sand bed are the go (around moored boats and back towards the shore are the go). For a retrieve I basically just flick the rod tip about 6 inches at a time in a down ward motion from the 3 o'clock position (enough action to create a bow wave and a small (bloop) and if there is a chop about, I increase the action accordingly.

And in the event of a strike, rather than pause I leave the popper there and basically shake the rod very fast but in small amounts to simulate a fish that has been hit and stunned, I almost always get a return hit very quickly.

GT