Shark

forliano

Hey all...

Long time no post...

Just thought I would let anyone know that is interested, that there is an absolute monster shark cruising the Georges River...

I went for a little flick with a couple of old TAFE mates and decided to take the shark gear for some fun... Well this shark absolutely smashed me...

I've seen some absolute monster sharks along the coast and interstate and I have hooked some big ones too...

But this... this was something else...

Anyone interested just thought I would give a shout out...

Was fishing between alfords point and picnic point...

And it LOVES dead Salmon!!

Cheers

Ben

forliano wat gear where you running for the shark

the reason for asking is because our boat is mored down at pinic point boat shed and we are fixing a couple of things so i might have a rod out the back.

my heavyest rods a a trition 200 spolled with 50lb braid on a 15-25 rollar tip rod

the other is a 6500 shimano baitrunner with 30lb braid on a 8-12kg(i think) rod

would theses rods be even close to be able to handle it

i have some frozen samon filites it the frezzer so i might have to take them down

by the way did anyone actually see the shark

fisherboy :1fishing1:

forliano wat gear where you running for the shark

the reason for asking is because our boat is mored down at pinic point boat shed and we are fixing a couple of things so i might have a rod out the back.

my heavyest rods a a trition 200 spolled with 50lb braid on a 15-25 rollar tip rod

the other is a 6500 shimano baitrunner with 30lb braid on a 8-12kg(i think) rod

would theses rods be even close to be able to handle it

i have some frozen samon filites it the frezzer so i might have to take them down

by the way did anyone actually see the shark

fisherboy :1fishing1:

couple of local fishermen did (they live close by to the boat shed)

Gday Ben,

Good to see that you are still alive.

If you are after sharks in that part of the river head a little further upstream to where the river does a 90 degree turn to the west just before Lambeth Park and fish that area. Especially late in the afternoon. When I was growing up there were many reports of dogs being taken whilst swimming in that area.

As a kid in the late 70s my mates and I used to swim across the river at the Picnic Point boat shed to go and explore the bush on the other side of the river. The thought of sharks did not enter our minds.

Cheers

Bob

Mate long time no see, i bet you were running a 50 and got smashed hey :wacko:

Should have seen the mako i hooked down South on the 50! It took 700m and then woke up! No B.S the thing was 4m long and had me stitched up for 20mins before it bit me off and i was running about 12-13kg of drag on him!

Might have to do some LBG Bull sharkin in the river.

G'day all...

To start with, it was definately a shark... because the dorsal fin was out of the water just as he was coming in for the salmon...

I was using Tiagra 50W running 24kg tortue and 600lb wire trace!! Tiagra was locked up!! If I had a board with me I reckon he woulda towed me...

A few months ago now I hooked up to a whale, the proof:

I tell you when locked up this shark made the whales like nothing...

If anyone is gonna go down let me know... because round 2 will be on very shortly...

Might give it a crack over the next week...

Cheers

Ben

Taking the 80 instead of the 50... Never know?

If not I'm taking a boat next time!!

Cheers

Ben

Ben i didn't know it was you that hooked that whale, lol.

Same spot i hooked the Mako at........

Mate have you got a big enough flyer for the toothie? I got an 11inch re-inforced and i have an attachment so it hooks onto my cliff gaff as well.

Send me a PM for your next attempt if you want and ill do my best to come down and help out.

Ben i didn't know it was you that hooked that whale, lol.

Same spot i hooked the Mako at........

Mate have you got a big enough flyer for the toothie? I got an 11inch re-inforced and i have an attachment so it hooks onto my cliff gaff as well.

Send me a PM for your next attempt if you want and ill do my best to come down and help out.

Yeah mate...

Pete was in stitches...

I was secretly hoping the whales had spooked something big and took my livie and ran... but that was all a fantasy...

No worries when I know when I'm having a crack I'll let ya know...

Cheers

Ben

Yeah mate...

Pete was in stitches...

I was secretly hoping the whales had spooked something big and took my livie and ran... but that was all a fantasy...

No worries when I know when I'm having a crack I'll let ya know...

Cheers

Ben

Mate thats happenned to me before, I had a trev about 1kg on late last year and it got hit just as a whale swam past it. Ended up being a big kingie a bout 20kg. Damn 150lb went and looked like a knife cut even though i had the fish beat!

Had me scratching my head and spewing for hours how it could happen, then it clicked!

A yak went over my float about an hour before and they actually had to pull the trev up from around the keel, i thought it wouold be ok and as it was a top drift i left it, BAD MISTAKE!

Must have had a nick that openned up just after i saw the fish, wish i never saw it, would have just called it for a small shark and moved on.

Fishing gods can be cruel sometimes!!!!!