Spinning Off Hat Head

b4nd1t

went up to south west rocks over the easter long weekend for sum fishing with mates..wasnt sure how it would b afta all the torential rain but gave it a go anway.. the breakwall was brownest ive seen it before but still fished it succesfully for nice bream ..

Decided to give hat head a burl early the morning.. me and my brother got there at dawn to find the ledge quite busy..after a few casts and heaps of hits from bream and small kingys my brother threw out a squid head and got nailed by somethin huge..drag on full on 80pd braid and still got smoked..our guess was a big jew or cobia.. dissapointing but neway i got smoked about 2 minutesw later aswell on a squid head not as big bt still handy...

Saw some otha fishermen spinning some nice 10kg mack tuna..ready to call it a day i threw out a garfish and afta a few hits and a nevous fight trying to beat the snags i cort this nice 2kg kingy which went down a treat..

went bak the next day with sum spinners at dawn to give it a crak..within the first hour we'd landed about 15 mack tuna, 1 nice trevally, a few bonito and a couple of dart..this action kept up for the next few hours..its the nest day ive had off the stones and didnt even have to touch a piece of stinkin bait..

told the mack tuna werent that great eatin but we jst seared them on the bbq n they were beaut.

cheers b4nd1t

post-9549-1239968190_thumb.jpg

post-9549-1239968352_thumb.jpg

post-9549-1239968385_thumb.jpg

post-9549-1239968402_thumb.jpg

post-9549-1239968434_thumb.jpg

post-9549-1239968459_thumb.jpg

Thats a radical collection of water dwellers.

sounds like youve been fishing and learning your trade for ages.

how longs it been? :yahoo:

thanks mate nice 'water dwellers' arent they..been fishing for a few years now but realy lookin into getin a boat...cowabunga dude

Cool. Yeah it's a walk and a half, with no luggage, let alone gear!! Lovely place. How did the creek look?

yeh the creek was pretty brown and was turning the water down that end of the beach pretty brown aswell...the same story in south west rocks in the river..definately seen cleaner days..not sure how it would b fishing though