Forster: Heading Up There, Whats Hapening Lake Wise?

Mick

Will be heading up to Forster early may for a quick break with the family and was wondering what is happening bream wise in the estruary. I'm not after any particular spots as I have enough of my own, but just curious if the breambos are more concentrated down stream near the paddock area or further up river.

Forster used to be my second home but, havent been there for a few years and I'm a bit rusty on the location. As previously mentioned not after any spots, just whether upstream or downstream is producing, might save a bit of fuel.

Thanks for any replies

Hi Mick

I've been getting some nice bream to low 40's in the paddock area - casting to structure. Also flatties to mid50-60cm. Still a few whiting around, but not taking my offerings.

If you do the normal .... paddock, breck channel, you should get some good fish! :) If all else fails, use your other spots! :1prop:

Cheerio

Roberta

Hi Mick

I've been getting some nice bream to low 40's in the paddock area - casting to structure. Also flatties to mid50-60cm. Still a few whiting around, but not taking my offerings.

If you do the normal .... paddock, breck channel, you should get some good fish! :) If all else fails, use your other spots! :1prop:

Cheerio

Roberta

Hi Roberta,

Where exactly is the paddock? Got some funny names for the lake. Only been a local for 3 weeks, still in the learning phase :biggrin2:

Hi Glenn

The Paddock is basically from the bridge, up the middle of the lake to Godwin Island (and includes pretty well all the leases in that area, left & right of the main channel (where the tall yellow pole is Godwin End & the Red Pole Bridge end!)

Always bream hanging round above the weed beds & hiding behind most poles of the leases! :)

Roberta

Hope to get out with you on the boat, soon!! Promise

Check this site out

http://www.marinews.com/exploring_pop_up.php?region_id=32

Region: Mid North Coast

Map: Wallis Lake

Map: individually names spots

They have little 'fish' on fishy areas & have named many of the local spots ie the Cut, the paddock, Hells Gate, the Step etc Click on each name & it will show you roughly where it is & looking at the 'General Info' bit, gives the GPS markings.

Edited by Roberta