Where Beach Meets Rock.

spizza

G'day,

I am just wondering if anyone has some tips regarding the different locations to fish a beach.

I know that gutter formations, holes, and lagoon entrances are the ideal locations on a beach, but I'm wondering about those corner locations where the beach meets rocks.

I usually fish the middle of a beach, but after viewing a particular Northern Beaches location, I'm tempted to hit this particular part of the beach where the beach runs into the shadow of rocks.

Cheers,

Spizza. :thumbup:

Yeh its great area to pick up nice flathead mostly.  But you will get all the regular species around such areas as well.  If there is a bit of swell pumping it makes it all better.

37204[/snapback]

Thanks Bashir.

I've also heard that it's a worthy spot for Jew's as they venture out of their caves, in search of food in the gutters.

Such spots sometimes have the added advantage of allowing you to fish off the rocks and being able to throw onto sand. If you can find yourself a safe location on the rocks, this is often worth trying, particularly at tide change time. You can often fish such spots in a southerly if you go looking for southern corners, when otherwise beach fishing would be wiped out.

South curl curl is a good example of such a place. Apparently its a good spot to fish for jews from the rocks at night, cast your baits into the drift there along the sand. Still haven't got around to fishing it but. :thumbdown: