Is It Illegal To

OSHISWET

I was fishing with my kids off the clifton garden wharf for a bit of fun. On my rod I had a squid which I just had caught baited on a two hook rig., the bottom hook being a treble and the top hook a live bait hook. As I was just about to cast the bait into the water an older gentleman came up to me and told me that the rig I was using was illegal and that i had to leave the wharf immediately or he'd report me. :1badmood: The kids started crying cause I told them to pack up and we left straight away. Was I doing something wrong , fishing this way? If the kids wernt with me I would have decked him, but I had to set a good example

Edited by LUMPOOKEY

Next time ask for some credentials and if they are not forthcoming stand your ground.

Treble hooks are not allowed on some rigs ,so I am led to believe ???

Cheers Stewy

I was fishing with my kids off the clifton garden wharf for a bit of fun. On my rod I had a squid which I just had caught baited on a two hook rig., the bottom hook being a treble and the top hook a live bait hook. As I was just about to cast the bait into the water an older gentleman came up to me and told me that the rig I was using was illegal and that i had to leave the wharf immediately or he'd report me. :1badmood: The kids started crying cause I told them to pack up and we left straight away. Was I doing something wrong , fishing this way? If the kids wernt with me I would have decked him, but I had to set a good example

I think this guy just wanted your spot so he tried to get rid off you.

What irks me about this is that we have to look it up just to be 100% sure. What the hell has happened to fishing when it is becoming so regulated and officious that we wouldn't just laugh such a comment off.

Got to be a rocket scientist to go for a fish

How many pages to we have to read to just be able to go for a fish and do we have to reread them every time we change a method. Sheesh i dislike it as I do try and do teh right thing but I am probably technically doing something wrong with some part of my fishing or boating.

The bloke had probably been told the wrong thing previously by someone acting officious and is now passing it on. Some officials seem very inconsistant . Some states and area do have different rules for trebbles.

Or he wanted your spot and...........

Sorry to hear you day was stuffed up ....... pretty poor form and I think there is probably already enough agressive things happening on wharfes already.

Edited by pelican

Dead set, mate. He either wanted your spot or hes just a grumpy old man who thinks he knows it all! Unfortunately, Ive seen some of those around as well...

* No more than 4 rods or lines to be used or set by any one person at any one time. - Nope

* No more than 3 hooks or 3 gangs of hooks attached per line (a gang of hooks should have no more than 5 hooks). - Nope

* One line may have 6 single hooks with lure attached to be used by the method of hand jigging only. - Nope

* No more than 3 treble hooks attached to a lure. - Nope

* Jagging is illegal (hooking, or attempting to hook, fish other than through the mouth). - Possibly thinking that you were trying to jag a fish!

Hi Ray this bloke who ordered you off the wharf pointing at your trebbles sounds like this self appointed roadside sheriff from up my way....This bloke is one of those morons who polices the behaviour of cats and and dogs in the neighbourhood and blows a whistle while meddling in everyone else's parking rights... Did this bloke have an overstretched neck and did you notice if was wearing a pair of heavy black spectacles with binocular type polarised lenses ?... He also dresses well and wears an out of date motorola walkie talkie on his belt and carries a serious look of authority like a man with a multitude of connections on his face, but if you look closely you'll notice that his eyes are out of plane and he wears a phony hearing aid on one ear that's rolled over at the tip...If so he's probably the same bloke who often hangs around loading zone signs in the Campbelltown area, and apart from that he travels a bit taking the serials numbers off overfilled garbage tins. If you ever strike him again give me a call and I'll report him missing.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Thanks for the advice raiders > I should have stood my ground and asked him for credentials. I just did not want any trouble and to cause a scene.

Mate your a true Raider, sorry to hear what happened, but you did what you thought was right .

Good on you for not reacting infront of the kids. :thumbup:

People like that old my makes me sick.

GOOD ON YOU LUMPOOKEY

Cheers LALA :thumbup:

If you weren't sure, perhaps you could have asked around the wharf to see what you were doing was illegal.

Also, if the man did not show you credentials, you do not need to respond to him. You did well to hold back any obscenities and understand you did not want any trouble with your kids around.

BUT

I would have pushed him in the water. :1prop: j/k.