Port Hacking

fishin.kiddo

Hey,

Just wondering how many people have been going fishing near Port Hacking land based areas?

I go fishing fair bit mainly weekends and occasional nights round Maianbar , Bundeena wharf , Wallys wharf , Cronulla. Just wanted to know whether anyone has had much success recently and what bait they use and the results.

Cheers

P.s - If anyone knows any other handy spots round here would be helpful?

Yerh just recently discovered Wallys wharf thanks to some fellow fishraiders :thumbup: so far been once bout 4-5hour fishing session caught few red bream/squire, small whiting & a flounder not much luck with the squidjigs.

Bundeena & Maianbar pretty successful most of the time. Been going there for last 6 years and seem to always catch the decent whiting and lizard. . . reccomend pumping nippers on the low tide at maianbar and fishing it as the high tide comes in if possible. And if you fancy take a little drive to bundeena have a squid.

Havent gone there for a little while though. . .

Edited by fishin.kiddo

I've only ever been to Bundeena once, and that time fishing was kinda crappy lol.. Only caught a whiting at 27cm...

But there was a fisho who was about 500m from me, caught a nice sized flattie. roughly 90cm.

That was about 3 years ago.... and I was kinda inexperienced, also didn't know much about tides and weather effects on fishing.

I've only ever been to Bundeena once, and that time fishing was kinda crappy lol.. Only caught a whiting at 27cm...

But there was a fisho who was about 500m from me, caught a nice sized flattie. roughly 90cm.

That was about 3 years ago.... and I was kinda inexperienced, also didn't know much about tides and weather effects on fishing.

fair enough.

might be going out to Wallys wharf off port hacking rd today. If i go ill tell ya if anythings happening. . . where are you going most likely lilli pilly?

Well Wally's Wharf seems very popular.... gonna try and avoid that, but if you catch something there, then I've definitely gotta check it out.

Another spot I'm thinking about is Lilli Pilli baths.

Well I'll be trying a few spots, driving to new spots will be a pain and a waste of time... but that's fishing.

Decided not to go today due to serious case of wind but cleaned out the garage and found some old boxes of SP's and HB's and might be worth going for a flick out on the sandflats at Maianbar.

Well let us know how you go this week or drop a pm by me.

Is there much room at Wally's Wharf? and can you fish off the rocks nearby?

It's hard to fish landbased in the Hacking because there are not many spots and they get crowded out pretty easily. I am looking for an early morning fish on a weekday either this week or next and would like to try the Hacking - but want to have a fair chance at getting a spot - are Gymea baths OK?

Cheers

GDF

Hey,

I fish Port Hacking alot. But there doesnt seem to be many fish around atm :1badmood:

Went out on saturday and got a 20 cm snapper and a just under legal flattie. Hmm should be heading out this weekend. Another week another try i guess

Guys atm with You should be fihsing the entrance of the river so Jibbon beach and bass n flinder

Also for If you want a few bream go down to swallow rocks Some schooling fish just around the right where there are weed beds

Guys atm with You should be fihsing the entrance of the river so Jibbon beach and bass n flinder

Also for If you want a few bream go down to swallow rocks Some schooling fish just around the right where there are weed beds

Thanks A.dawg couple questions if you dont mind.

1) How do we get to Jibbon Beach?

2) What do you reccomend using as bait or lures?