Something Different

gregr2

Went fishing for blackies today, had dropped 4 fish and was thinking maybe time for a change of hook. At the same time

a large school of salmon appeared just in front of me feeding on baitfish. Thought I would try using the blackfish float with (6ft drop) as a "popper" thru the school... well all hell broke loose as 6lb line screamed off the reel for a short period, then the fish self released. It worked a treat but my little size10 hook was as straightened and now certainly needed changing. I suppose I never stood a chance but it was very exciting. Will have another rod next time rigged with lure ready to go. :1prop:

Went fishing for blackies today, had dropped 4 fish and was thinking maybe time for a change of hook. At the same time

a large school of salmon appeared just in front of me feeding on baitfish. Thought I would try using the blackfish float with (6ft drop) as a "popper" thru the school... well all hell broke loose as 6lb line screamed off the reel for a short period, then the fish self released. It worked a treat but my little size10 hook was as straightened and now certainly needed changing. I suppose I never stood a chance but it was very exciting. Will have another rod next time rigged with lure ready to go. :1prop:

Sounds like u had fun thats what counts in the end.

you'll be ready for em next time.