Blackfish , Pigs ,jewwies

fishin.kiddo

Hello fellow fishraiders :1prop:

I was just wanting to know whether there are many places around Port Hacking where there has been reasonably consistent blackfish, pigs, jewwies caught. I live in Liverpool and dont mind bit of a travel to have a fish but recently due to cricket commitments havent been able to get up/down the coast to batemans bay and south west rocks during the holis.

I am missing catching a good blackfish. Me n the old man do a fair bit fishin in the hacking for the usual both on bait and lures (snapper, bream, lizards . . .) and he has pulled out a couple soapies.

Just want to know where i can target these fish speciffically round the Hacking way.

Possibly landbased areas as do not have access to a boat yet.

Cheers

:1fishing1:

Edited by fishin.kiddo

Just want to know where i can target these fish speciffically round the Hacking way.

Possibly landbased areas as do not have access to a boat yet.

Cheers

:1fishing1:

Salmon Haul Bay is teaming with Blackies at the moment. End of Nicolson (sp?) parade. I was fishing for bream last week and schools in the 100+ range were cruzing back and forth.

Getting the nail on the exact spot from a blackie fisho is like asking for his rod arm or pulling teeth.

i'll give you a few in the Hacking, try Gallipoli point, there's lochlomand, Hungry Point thats the Hatcheries (Salmon Haul Bay) lilli pilli, Ballast Heap and the big Westerly spot over by the camp site on the National park side

Since you live in Liverpool, have you ever tried fishing the Georges River for Blackfish?

There are a few nice spots around East Hills, Picnic Point, Lamberth Reserve foot bridge...My brother caught a nice 30cm blackie at Lamberth Reserve in the weeds, using a piece of prawn.

You can also try one spot on Henry Lawson Drive, beside Yeramba Lagoon. Looks like a nice place which holds quite a few Blackies.

I actually haven't tried targeting blackfish around there, even though I live really close to there... Anyway other people here may be able to give you more info on these spots if you are interested.

Ludrick angler said Hungry Point, that was the place I mean when I say Salmon Haul Bay.

I saw the big schools running between Ganamatta Bay and the weed beds in Salmon Haul Bay 1 hour before the high tide.

I had weed dangling infront of them on 4lbs leader and the bastards were swimming around my hook. No takers. Still a lot to learn. It was my first go ;)