Goodbye Sydney Hello Ballina

marlin_dc

Good day folks,

As a few of you guys already know I have been posted up to Ballina for the next few year for a project and will be heading up at the end of this week. Just wanted to drop a post to say a thank you to everyone on this forum for making my fishing time in Sydney fun and enjoyable. A big thank you to all the nice people I have met and had a chance to fish with.

As for Ballina, I am also interested in meeting up with any one in the area or having some insight of the bream fishing around the area. So if any woul like to meet a poor asian bloke who struggles to catch fish most of the time, do drop me a pm and hopfully we can catch up.

regards

Darryl

Hi Darryl,

Mate I was up there couple of month ago and I found a fishing park in Ballina, I can't remeber what its called, basically it is around the corner from the airport. I didn't get a chance to fish it as the whether sucks.

It was just a big pond plumped to the rivers, the guy stocks breams, Jewies, Flatheads and some barra I think. You pay $15 to fish this includes bait, equipment (if you don't have your own) and entiltles to 3 or 4 hours fishing. The it is all Catch and Release. Sounded good but just didn't get a chance, next time I'm up there I would definatly check it out.

I think it was called Ballina fishing park, just ask the local tackle shop they should know know more about it.

Cheers,

SZ

Hope your new move goes well... keep posting once you find your feet in Ballina. Fishraider has a growing membership all over the place.

I'm a little further up the coast on the Gold Coast but if you ever head up this way, send me a PM and I'll see if I can point you in the direction of some fish.

Cheers, Slinky

Hi Darryl,

Mate I was up there couple of month ago and I found a fishing park in Ballina, I can't remeber what its called, basically it is around the corner from the airport. I didn't get a chance to fish it as the whether sucks.

It was just a big pond plumped to the rivers, the guy stocks breams, Jewies, Flatheads and some barra I think. You pay $15 to fish this includes bait, equipment (if you don't have your own) and entiltles to 3 or 4 hours fishing. The it is all Catch and Release. Sounded good but just didn't get a chance, next time I'm up there I would definatly check it out.

I think it was called Ballina fishing park, just ask the local tackle shop they should know know more about it.

Cheers,

SZ

I think that it may be the park that Jimmy Bowers runs.

He's an old mate of Swordfisherman & Jewgaffer. He is also a gun fisho & would have plenty of good advice on the area.

I haven't fished Ballina much myself. I'm 1hr north & I've still got up here to try to work out yet. :biggrin2:

If I'm heading down that way for a fish I'll drop you a p.m.

Cheers,

Grant.

I think that it may be the park that Jimmy Bowers runs.

He's an old mate of Swordfisherman & Jewgaffer. He is also a gun fisho & would have plenty of good advice on the area.

I haven't fished Ballina much myself. I'm 1hr north & I've still got up here to try to work out yet. :biggrin2:

If I'm heading down that way for a fish I'll drop you a p.m.

Cheers,

Grant.

That's the one Grant :thumbup: Instead of me going up to Ballina to recover from the back op like I usually do but not not quite so regularly straight after after back ops :D , Jimmy's coming down to stay at my place for a month or so.... One of the boats up there should be around Coffs Harbour by now working a twenty ton blue fin quoto to Sydney and one of the deck hands will be staying at my place for a week, and flying back after having a change of vocation taking a relaxing fishing holiday with Jimmy and myself, sort of like a racing driver going on a car chase on his day off :lol:

Jimmy said he will be looking forward to catching up with Stewy, they'll have a lot to catch up on after all the years Jimmy's been back in Ballina that's for sure :thumbup:

I've spoken to Darryl / marlin dc on the phone and he'll be based close to Alstonville and I've given him a couple of contacts and places to go around the sugar mill and the bridge over the highway at Wardell plus a few easy deepwater spots among the commercial boats and some good spots near the ferry for his bream and flathead etc ....Still it would be good if he could catch up with some of the members we have up there.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Darryl :o.

Long time no see/speak mate! Hope you're going well - all the best wrt your work in Ballina. Gona miss those CG morning sessions in our uni days man lol! Hope you get into some decent fish up there. Keep us posted :thumbup:

Cheers,

Ali

Mate the river in Ballina has many many areas to fish for Bream.

There are rock walls that run along the entire lenght of the river on the town side and the southern side.

Inside the souther side wall Porpiose wall around the entries is good but be careful of the jacks.

Go to the RSL club and drop a chip in the water off the balcancy and see the result.

The Richmond River fishes very well unless they continue to have the exteme fish kills that have occured the past coule of floods.