2 Barra Over 1m In Two Days At Tinaroo

captainbat

Hello Raiders,

heres a couple of nice Barra from Lake Tinaroo. I had the pleasure of fishing with my great friend Pip Walker and her brother Ben on the Anzac Weekend. Pips fish went 108cm and was taken trolling a red/white Viper. Bens Fish went 113 and was taken casting on a popper. Both great fish.

Cheers - Bat

post-2937-1241009590_thumb.jpg

post-2937-1241009610_thumb.jpg

post-2937-1241009631_thumb.jpg

post-2937-1241009645_thumb.jpg

post-2937-1241009663_thumb.jpg

very very nice fish mate. :thumbup::thumbup:

Can I ask, where is Lake Tinaroo?

Hello Noah,

Lake Tinaroo is on the Atherton Tablelands approx 40 minutes drive west of Cairns. It was one of the original impoundments stocked with Barra, and is well known for producing fish over the meter mark. That being said the fishing can be very tough up there. We have only caught 5 over a meter in god knows how many trips over the last 6 or so years we have been going there, so 2 over the mark in two days is something you dont do very often. The current world record of 37.5kgs was caught at Tinaroo.

Cheers - Bat

Awesome fish Bat... :thumbup:

the Bass & Barra trail is high on my "to-do" list now I'm a Queenslander. I've heard that impoundments like Tinaroo can be very unforgiving, particularly to newbies like me. Hope I can get even a single fish, let along a swag of metre plus ladies.

Cheers, Slinky

Awesome fish Bat... :thumbup:

the Bass & Barra trail is high on my "to-do" list now I'm a Queenslander. I've heard that impoundments like Tinaroo can be very unforgiving, particularly to newbies like me. Hope I can get even a single fish, let along a swag of metre plus ladies.

Cheers, Slinky

Slinky, yes they can be VERY unforgiving! We have been going up there for the last 5 years or so and it was not untill last November we got our first over a meter, and we only caught a couple of smaller ones before that. But including these two, we have caught 5 over the mark from 6 trips. Tinaroo is up on the tablelands and will start getting cold soon, once it gets cold the fishing is over untill Sept / Nov.

Cheers - Bat

Slinky, yes they can be VERY unforgiving! We have been going up there for the last 5 years or so and it was not untill last November we got our first over a meter, and we only caught a couple of smaller ones before that. But including these two, we have caught 5 over the mark from 6 trips. Tinaroo is up on the tablelands and will start getting cold soon, once it gets cold the fishing is over untill Sept / Nov.

Cheers - Bat

"Lord barron batsrum the third in capitulation and waiting" aka 'The Bat"

Jeez Bat they are a couple of horses Well done to you and Pippie long stocking

Roscoe

"Lord barron batsrum the third in capitulation and waiting" aka 'The Bat"

Jeez Bat they are a couple of horses Well done to you and Pippie long stocking

Roscoe

Good on ya Roscoe.....

The old Pip / Bat combo still has a few good photos to share - however I notice we dont look as young as we once did, this worries me.......