Photo' And Suggestions Whanted

aussie big bob

Hi Raiders

I have just started work on my new punt and was looking for some suggestions and ideas that some of you other raiders may have.

I have a 3.99 proline very basic model which i would like to put a floor in, a side console and of cause a live bait tank.

I would like to have some storage under floor so some photos of this would be good. The other big thing is i want to have a live bait tank the whole width and depth of the the front of the boat. I will be needing some help with who maybe able to built this (someone who sponcers fishraiders would be perfered).

I would like to see photos from anyone who has a full live bait tank built in the front of the boat from the front storage to the front seat.

Cheers

bob

Edited by aussie big bob

That would be a big live tank. Might be worthwhile checking approx how much water it will hold and getting the same weight in sandbags putting them up front and doing a test run as punts don't like being nose heavy. Of get a couple of fat mates.

That would be a big live tank. Might be worthwhile checking approx how much water it will hold and getting the same weight in sandbags putting them up front and doing a test run as punts don't like being nose heavy. Of get a couple of fat mates.

Pelican

As you would know as you have meet me i am a big fellow. So trust me the weight of the water will not come close to being front heavy. And this is also the reason for it to be full size.

I will be able to fill it when fishing alone. As i do fish alone on most trips it will get used alot.

Cheers

Bob

Billyd

I will go to this sight and check it out. Thanks

Cheers

Bob

Edited by aussie big bob

yeah mate you still might want to give it a check though, i havnt met you so dunno how big you are or whatever but you might want to do a few measurements and calculate the volume, for instance 200L isnt that much water in the grand scheme of things and would weigh close to 200kgs, requiring some serious offsetting!

Edited by dicko

Dicko

To let the big secret out i am 127.

I took the boat over to seriouslystainless today.Gary and I had a long talk about the options. ( very nice chap )

Gary is doing some quote for me as we managed to settle on a one hundred litre tank. I know that this leaves me 27 litres lighter on the front but i might go on a diet again. If that dont work i will move the out let high.

So when tank complete and installed i will post photos

Cheers

Bob

Edited by aussie big bob

G'day Bob,

When I had my punt, I cut the back seat on the opposite side to where I sit and welded in a battery box with a perspex lid to run my electric and power my bait pump and sounder. My punt was only 3.6 metres and I installed a wooden (ply) floor. There really wasn't much space to enable under floor storage. I could only suggest to do the same to the front seat for your live bait tank. Only concerns would be your floatation. Maybe you could add some floatation underfloor. I also welded triangular braces to the two back corners.

Hope this is of some assistance.

Cheers

Mariner. :biggrin2:

Edited by Mariner 31

G'day Bob,

When I had my punt, I cut the back seat on the opposite side to where I sit and welded in a battery box with a perspex lid to run my electric and power my bait pump and sounder. My punt was only 3.6 metres and I installed a wooden (ply) floor. There really wasn't much space to enable under floor storage. I could only suggest to do the same to the front seat for your live bait tank. Only concerns would be your floatation. Maybe you could add some floatation underfloor. I also welded triangular braces to the two back corners.

Hope this is of some assistance.

Cheers

Mariner. :biggrin2:

Mariner 31

Love the battery box idea :thumbup::thumbup: . Would never have thought of this :1prop: but will be using this idea as i have been tossing up on where to put the spare fuel tank, But now the battery is gone i will have room :1clap: .

Thanks for your reply

Cheers

Bob