Parra Carp Out

Land based

Hi All

Went down to the carp fish out day at Parramatta this morning.

got there about 8:30am found a nice spot under the foot bridge down near the weir caught 2 carp about 40cm before the fish out started

10am went up the get tick off and was told i was in the wrong area :ranting2:

so i moved up the line went in about 10:15am at 11:30 only 1 person had caught a carp.

i moved back down to the spot i was at 1st at about 12pm at 1pm a lillte boy(Novice's son) about 10 caught a 2.234kgs. carp

so i think he won the jr award

i left about 30mins after that

it was good to go back down to the river had not fish there in about 25 yrs

Cameron

Edited by land based

yeah definately doing australia and our fish a big favour but i cant help but to think a cast net wouldve done a good job today we must had at least a hundred of those lil mudsuckers swarming around us berleying up and i got 0on hit in the 3 hours i was fishing there and there was on;ly one fish landed in the intrie afternoon session that went 2.17kg so not a bad one but i wouldve loved to clean a few hundred of the suckers out with a cast net....neways boys all the best im gonna go and attempt to finish building my new 9ft spinstick so its ready for next weekend..when my mate gets his new 4.92 haines sig ..woot woot lets go get a feed hahah

Just an edit from Swordfisherman

Cast nets are illegal in all NSW waterways.

No luck for me and the little cousins... And the rest of the fishos around there!!

I got there for the afternoon session but by then, there was heaps of bread, corn etc floating in the river. The whole afternoon I was there, no one caught anything.

SO looks like the Parra carp out failed :(

BUT... did score some free fishing line and a pair of gloves..

Edit: Land based, what did u guys end up doing with the fish??!?!

Edit: I'm now a bream... my 50th post! Woohoo!

Edited by tevoro

I went down too.

It was great to be able to relax and fish while the kids looked after themselves on the jumping castle.

Also picked up some free line, power bait plastics and jigs.

Only problem was the lack of fishing action.

As an enviromental exercise though it was not a real success IMO.

About 2 or 3 carp come out of the river and about 50kgs of bread and rubbish , including some of the free rubber gloves ended up in the water.

I reckon they should ban the use of the burley next time.

Far more bread goes in the water than the carp would hope to eat in a month.

I went down there too with my 2 sons and our neice.

My older boy won the major prize, with his carp weighing in at 2.234kgs.

I was really impressed with his effort, working the drag and letting the fish run. Took him about 3-4 minutes to bring the fish in, and fortunately someone close by had a landing net, cause was sure the 6Lb mono was going to break, and sure enough, as soon I pulled the fish out of the water...ping......it broke. He had the fish though.

While the presentation was happening, by younger boy was in the back ground crying......he didn't catch anything. I promised him we'll go out soon in the boat, and he may catch something even bigger.

Cheers

Taps.

Edited by slinkymalinky

can someone pm me for a good spot to find these carp?? are they easy to catch?? what gear do we use?? looks like a fun way to help the environment and catching a good 3kilo carp would be a bit of entertainment.

I went down there too with my 2 sons and our neice.

My older boy won the major prize, with his carp weighing in at 2.234kgs.

I was really impressed with his effort, working the drag and letting the fish run. Took him about 3-4 minutes to bring the fish in, and fortunately someone close by had a landing net, cause was sure the 6Lb mono was going to break, and sure enough, as soon I pulled the fish out of the water...ping......it broke. He had the fish though.

While the presentation was happening, by younger boy was in the back ground crying......he didn't catch anything. I promised him we'll go out soon in the boat, and he may catch something even bigger.

Cheers

Taps.

hahahaha what a lil battler looks like u willhave to lift ur game or he will be outfishing you soon hahah

and as for the earlier post as to where to get em well badsically work from lennox bridge along the water ways u will probably see them feeding on the surface get some stale breadrolls and crush em up really fine and see if they arer around and it will be a good way to spend a day with the missus and the kids and do some favours for the bass and murray cod of australia but make sure ur not in posession of em when u catch em cos it carries a fine but even more im portantly dont release em

i think this fits in the glad i didnt turn up - had it pegged as a sure win to get the kidz 5 and 3 excited but the :wife: put the big kibosh :thumbdown: on proceedings ....

congrats to the raider with the gun fishing offspring tho ... love yr work !

i think this fits in the glad i didnt turn up - had it pegged as a sure win to get the kidz 5 and 3 excited but the :wife: put the big kibosh :thumbdown: on proceedings ....

congrats to the raider with the gun fishing offspring tho ... love yr work !

Cheers Kiwineil,

He's showed me up a couple times now....usually cause I hand him my rod (or a spare) while I get the tangles out of the line and from under / inside the spool.......fun !!!!!

A few weeks ago, his younger brother Ariyan (7), pulled out a 46cm flatty near Akuna Bay, by himself working the drag.....so hopefully, they'll learn soon and start teaching me some stuff.

They are both addicted to I fish, Fishing WA, and anything else related to fishing on TV.

Cheers Kiwineil,

He's showed me up a couple times now....usually cause I hand him my rod (or a spare) while I get the tangles out of the line and from under / inside the spool.......fun !!!!!

A few weeks ago, his younger brother Ariyan (7), pulled out a 46cm flatty near Akuna Bay, by himself working the drag.....so hopefully, they'll learn soon and start teaching me some stuff.

They are both addicted to I fish, Fishing WA, and anything else related to fishing on TV.

too funny re tangles - i took 5 and 3 out yday and spent an hour (out of 80 minutes fishing while wife lay on rug txting away oblivious) untangling under the spool so i have sympathy .. am sad that at 7 its still happening cos it drives me crackers .....

hahahaha what a lil battler looks like u willhave to lift ur game or he will be outfishing you soon hahah

and as for the earlier post as to where to get em well badsically work from lennox bridge along the water ways u will probably see them feeding on the surface get some stale breadrolls and crush em up really fine and see if they arer around and it will be a good way to spend a day with the missus and the kids and do some favours for the bass and murray cod of australia but make sure ur not in posession of em when u catch em cos it carries a fine but even more im portantly dont release em

what are you meant to do??? hook em up and kill em and throw them back???

what are you meant to do??? hook em up and kill em and throw them back???

They had a bin there. After weighing them, and taking pics they tossed 'em into a wheelie bin.

I guess they'll end up at eastern creek in the land fill.

As far as know, it's illegal to put them back into a water way. Not so sure about retention ponds and the like in residential estates.

Anyone remember the first Fishraider ????????? at the Lane Cove River weir about 4 years ago? Was notable only for the enormous amounts of gear deployed and the amount of beer drunk (not to mention funny stuff being smoked) for the sum total of one baby eel hehe