Botany Bay (1/05/09) .. Sorry For Late Post

chrism1986

Hi All

Ended up fishing mol point with live nippers and pilchard, ended up catching 3-4 good size trevally and 1 nice bream. Put the bait jigs down and pulled a few yakkas up and had them out the back with no hits unfortunately. Then around 7pm moved to the third runway in 8 meters of water ended up with another 4-5 trevally and 4 flathead (45, 38, 50, 48cm).

About 8:30pm I had a dead nipper on a 1/0 hook literally on the bottom.. then BANG.. ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz I thought geeze this is either a real nice flathead or a big trevally. After alot of fighting and 10 minutes later... ended up pulling a jewie around 65-70cm and as I was about to net it clipped the side of the ladder and bang... (DEVOSTATED) I could not beleive it took a nipper either.... Ended up staying on the 3rd runway for a few more hours and caught 2 x port jacksons and 1 x shovel nose shark. ( I dont know why but every week I end up catching a porty...) and some more trevs and bream.

Thats my post... pics to come shortly once i get them off my mobile.

Cheers

Chris.

I could not beleive it took a nipper either

Everything in the estuary will eat nippers. Among all sorts of others I have landed Jews, Kings, Blackfish and stinking eels on nippers.

Hard luck on your Jew.

Dave

I could not beleive it took a nipper either

ive actually only ever caught jewies on nippers but ive only caught three, bad luck though sounds like a nice jew. yeah get a nice big nipper with a nice big pink claw and everything will have a go. well done with your other catchs too sounds like a fun evening.