Dollies Off Broken Bay.

Baybuster

Went out to the fad (broken Bay) on monday :biggrin2: been trying to download pictures to computer having issues will be fixed tomorow add then. Saw fish schooling up on the way out at about 10k's off land then 15k's at the fish traps before the fad looked tunaish might have been kingies couldnt get a good enough look every time I got close enough to cast at em they ran away :( . Same fish again bout 1.5 k off the fad??!! At the fad dollies everywhere :thumbup: . Smashing the surface the whole time I was there 2ish till 430. Then Saw the whole school take off at the horizon at a 100miles an hour skipped the surface a couple of times and gone big predator I think and the action stopped. While there just drifted past repeatedly for double hookups interesting when by yourself. All between 60-70cm used livies couple of dead livies and pilchards all got smashed. Each fished followed to the boat by its mates, beatiful day dead calm slight sea took about an hr to get back into gosford to mooring awesome run home at sunset great day heaps of hook ups all successfull :biggrin2:. Going out again sarvo if I get work done on boat. Definately tomorrow for bottom bash early then fad about lunchtime. Just looked water still 23-25' should be another good day.

Sounds like a top day Baybuster. I admire you heading out there by yourself. Those double hookups must have been interesting alright! You had a great hook up rate. What gear/rigs were you using?

I haven't managed to get out to the FADs this year. I was hoping to go this weekend but the weather/swell doesn't look promising.

Good luck this arvo if you go out. Can't wait to see the photos.

Cheers

Peter

Then Saw the whole school take off at the horizon at a 100miles an hour skipped the surface a couple of times and gone big predator I think and the action stopped.

Would have been a big Blue cruising thru, 2 years ago saw 2 x 5kg Dollys leaping, heading straight for us, we were trolling at the time, we did a U-turn and chased them only to see them jump one more time, as the second Dolly tried to leave the water a Big Blue smashed it with its bill and at it, awesome sight.

Well done on getting some fish champ.

Would have been a big Blue cruising thru, 2 years ago saw 2 x 5kg Dollys leaping, heading straight for us, we were trolling at the time, we did a U-turn and chased them only to see them jump one more time, as the second Dolly tried to leave the water a Big Blue smashed it with its bill and at it, awesome sight.

Well done on getting some fish champ.

Didnt get out sarvo heading off ealy in morn, size 7 tuna circle on 15w overhead eldorado and daiwa sealine sld 30 tried some other live bait hooks but they hook up too deep in the gullet tuna circle usually take in the corner of the mouth. They hit everything except a lure, live yakkas dead yakkas pilchards. Had me big roller on board like the thought of a blue was gna head out further but too much fun at the fad.!!!

Have photos from monday. Went out today for jackets aplenty. Had dollies check out the boat and follow a few baits at barejoey wide while we were bottom bashing water there was 23+. Went out to the fad for nada. Windy and messy. 22 degrees. The dollies in closer wouldnt take a thing offered. Thats all the photos I could manage to upload from monday.

post-2576-1241682825_thumb.jpg

post-2576-1241682862_thumb.jpg

post-2576-1241682930_thumb.jpg