New Motor

Get The Net

Hi all, I'm at the stage for a new motor I have a old 4.20 aluminuim forward steer.Normal fishing is very social at Greenwell Point and don't care about speed I just want to have trouble free on the water.My thought was 15hp but not sure if this is to small.So if any one can help on what brand and what hp would be great.

Steve

Hi all, I'm at the stage for a new motor I have a old 4.20 aluminuim forward steer.Normal fishing is very social at Greenwell Point and don't care about speed I just want to have trouble free on the water.My thought was 15hp but not sure if this is to small.So if any one can help on what brand and what hp would be great.

Steve

Hi Steve, all brands of outboard engine are good today. More important is the selling dealer and if they have the knowledge and skill to look after you if something happens, which does and can happen to all brands. A 4.2M forward steer boat would not perform with a 15HP and really they do not make forward control / electric start 15HPs anymore. The smallest HP outboard designed to be driven from the front is 25HP/30HP. The can range from about $3,600 for a basic carby engine upto about $6,600 for a "clean tech" engine with power trim and tilt, so alot of variables. PM me if you would like the Raider price on a new 25HP or 30HP outboard with forward steer capabilities.

Cheers,

Huey.