Freshwater Crayfish

mark10187

Hi All,

Was wondering if anyone knows of a good place to catch these things i went to my usual spot which i havent been to for about 5 years and only caught two and im not talking about yabbies but spiny freshwater crayfish the big suckers im trying to catch a few more to put into a tank and maybe try and breed them if possible i was a bit dissapointed yesterday to only catch two after 6 hours so if anyone knows of a good spot please let me know

ps, ill post some pics up of the ones i caught yesterday

thanks in advance

Mark

Hi All,

Was wondering if anyone knows of a good place to catch these things i went to my usual spot which i havent been to for about 5 years and only caught two and im not talking about yabbies but spiny freshwater crayfish the big suckers im trying to catch a few more to put into a tank and maybe try and breed them if possible i was a bit dissapointed yesterday to only catch two after 6 hours so if anyone knows of a good spot please let me know

ps, ill post some pics up of the ones i caught yesterday

thanks in advance

Mark

pics or it didn't happen!

Heres the pics everyone got them both separated at the moment until i can find a decent tank to put them in gotta keep the two of them separated because the little one trys to attack the bigger one funnily enough im heading out on tuesday to my old spot going to leave some traps over night see if i can catch myself a decent feed

Thats the little one

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc227/m10187/100_1243.jpg

This is the BIG one

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc227/m10187/100_1242.jpg

pics or it didn't happen!

• 4 years later...

Hi mate

i havnt been fishing for years and miss it very much, trying to get back into it

could you please share your crayfish catching details, where and how

thanks mate would greatly appreciate your help