Travel Regulations

BTK

Hey all

im heading to Oregon in the USA on june 15th for a month and im hoping to get some fishing in. i was wondering if people could tell me what i can and cant take, i know you cant take fishing line in your carry on baggage but everything will be going into my big bag.

I was more concerned about Lures, like can i take them with the hooks? and im assuming that i cant take Berkley gulp or things like that because of customs.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Also has anyone ever fished for fresh water salmon, any tips for that?

Cheers

Cory

lures are fine without hooks. i did it once and they asked me to remove them and these were knife jigs too

why don't you want to put all your lures into the checked luggage?

if you meant by taking gulp alive lures, theres a 100ml liquid maximum.

Edited by hottyscotty

lures are fine without hooks. i did it once and they asked me to remove them and these were knife jigs too

why don't you want to put all your lures into the checked luggage?

if you meant by taking gulp alive lures, theres a 100ml liquid maximum.

ive never traveled before so i have no idea what im doing really lol, I thought it would be easier to put all the gear into the Bigger bag and not the carry on luggage? i thought i might have trouble with the spool from my reel.

Sorry if im sounding like an idiot here but i have no idea what im doing when it comes to planes haha

Cheers

ive never traveled before so i have no idea what im doing really lol, I thought it would be easier to put all the gear into the Bigger bag and not the carry on luggage? i thought i might have trouble with the spool from my reel.

Sorry if im sounding like an idiot here but i have no idea what im doing when it comes to planes haha

Cheers

just stuff all your gear into the bigger bag, but make sure they are well padded because baggage handlers ain't going to give a damn. i like to have the least stuff as carry on so leaves me freer to move abt and less security hassles. plus you have 32kg to take to the states. to me thats a lot of freedom

btw...you can take hooks as checked luggage but not carry on. i read incorrectly previously

Edited by hottyscotty