King Luring On Low Stretch Mono

yakfishing

I've bought a 3500 Shimano baitrunner but am scratching my head on what to load it with

I plan to see if I can use it as part of my new pelagics luring/trolling outfit, and also use it for baitfishing - dead/live.

For luring I want braid, for bait I want mono so I'm thinking of taking the middle ground and trying the low stretch mono. Has anyone tried using this for flicking before? Is it my best option? Is trying to use the baitrunner for flicking a waste of time? It wont cast as far as other reels, but I'm working on the premise that I can get closer to the action in the yak anyway

I want 15lb line and it will be used (for flicking) with a Nitro Viper 6-8Kg.

Cheers

Yeah that's the thing, I reckon Im gonna find it's too bulky for flicking lures around and then I'm just going to use it for trolling and baitfishing. If I'm only gonna use it for that then I dont see the point in spending the money on braid.

Yeah that's the thing, I reckon Im gonna find it's too bulky for flicking lures around and then I'm just going to use it for trolling and baitfishing. If I'm only gonna use it for that then I dont see the point in spending the money on braid.

Go the braid, fishing isn't meant to be a cheap hobby. No regret :thumbup: