Botany

diesel

if anybody read the tele yesterday it said a 33 kg jewie was caught off the container warfs off botany bay by workers, what a job,live yakka on a 100 pound hand line thats old school.The week before a 35 kg jewie off the break wall i would love 2 see photos if anyone can help it is the season :thumbup:

leather gloves anyone, hold on and hang on for the ride, now that's old school fishing

some of my recent best catches (just bream & Flatties) have been on the 'spary handline', sometimes it seems the fish know whats on the other end of the bait.......and are just keen for the challenge!

Did the paper have pics.

Not that I am a cynic but wharfies do have a reputation for a number of things.

Years ago I worked at Garden Island dockyard. The painters and dockers were in charge of the dry dock when it was being drained. We would watch the final stages of the draining and from fifty feet above you could pick the fish that the P&D's were catching. On one occasion we could see a small shark and a big bugger of a Dory left up the shallow end. By the time the dock was drained and the story had gone round it had been turned into a hammerhead and a monster Jew that were caught.

The truth is out there Mulder

Dave

Best job I reckon. Fish while you work.

haha reckon :1fishing1: my step father was a boss at P&o docks, for years he would bring home bags of fish dont know how clean the water would be around there but hay there is plenty of fish there around the structure,