Using The Hawksbury Road Bridge Boat Ramp

Scienceman

I haven't put my boat in at this ramp for many years. It used to have an old wharf and with a rocky shore either side of the ramp which was pretty crap at low tide and was really a 2 man operation putting the boat in and taking it out. I know quite a lot of work has been done so is it an easier ramp to use solo or will I have to find a helping hand, especially with a little wind to blow the boat around?

I am planing on fishing the road bridge early tomorrow morning and will be solo so say Hi if you see a 5m Quintrex cuddy cab.

I haven't put my boat in at this ramp for many years. It used to have an old wharf and with a rocky shore either side of the ramp which was pretty crap at low tide and was really a 2 man operation putting the boat in and taking it out. I know quite a lot of work has been done so is it an easier ramp to use solo or will I have to find a helping hand, especially with a little wind to blow the boat around?

I am planing on fishing the road bridge early tomorrow morning and will be solo so say Hi if you see a 5m Quintrex cuddy cab.

check it out, very nice ramp now

http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=22264

If its windy try and use the pontoon to your advantage by coming upwind of the pontoon so the wind will blow the boat towards the pontoon and not out towards the middle of the river. This makes it much easier to control your boat and keep it straight however if you have a large boat no matter where you launch it will always be tricky putting it back on the trailer in the wind.

good luck!

pete.

Yeah is a good ramp now bit crowded on a good day

Got there at 4:30am and totally desterted except for a group fishing all night off the pontoon. Easy launch with the pontoon right alongside.

Fished until 11am - 2Kg jew, 6 X flatties and kept the two biggest at 1-2kg@.

Pulling out was totally opposite - a car park full of trailers and busy is an understatement. Still, everybody was pretty polite and taking their turn although I can imaging it is not always so polite. I would guess that boaties from all over Sydney use this ramp.

Because of the pontoon, you just line up at the end an move forward until your are next in line to pull out and then you can get the trailer. If there were boats going both in and out it might get a bit complicated though.

I nearly always put in at Woy Woy but now Bris Water has basically shut down except for the Rip I think I will head up to the Hawekbury for a few more goes at this piece of water. Now to find some secret spots! (that only me and 5,000 other people know about :thumbup: )