Glow In The Dark Lures?

5ky

I don't know, but from what my friends tell me, stick with the Japanese brands like Yamashita and Yo-zuri. They have a lot of glow in them, and all you gotta do is shine the light on them for a few seconds and they last for ages underwater.

And they work during the day or at night.

What is it you are targeting? There are lots of luminous lures in various styles out there. Snapper rigs, squid jigs, glow sticks you attach to your lure etc?

And yes they do work, even during the day... just bring a torch with you.

alasdair

There are uite a few soft plastic lures which are glow in the dark such as some colors of gulps.

LED squid jigs are the worst... You never catch anything so you better stick with yamashita's and yo-zuris where you can just shine a torch at it and it will glow

Good luck

interesting on this topic just got a pinch if prismtech which is a additive for auto paints which glows and sparkles. And even better you can charge it up and it will glow in the dark.

i will apply this to some of my lures and see how they go!

BM

You can buy attractant for lures that glow in the dark. There are a couple of brands and they come in a few flavours. There are also specific glow in the dark lures that you just charge up with your torch.

Squid jigs have the most varieties of glow in the dark but squid will still take normal jigs in virtually pitch dark conditions.

Dave

mainly targeting breams, flatties, anything thats big and eatable i guess lol.. how does the lures work where u shine a torch on them and it glows? never heard of those before hehe

know where to buy the lures? went to a few tackle shops, none had any glow in the dark ones, also tried lookin for the popular eco gear sx40 for breams, but no shop had any ecogear lures...any suggestion guys? im in syd

mainly targeting breams, flatties, anything thats big and eatable i guess lol.. how does the lures work where u shine a torch on them and it glows? never heard of those before hehe

know where to buy the lures? went to a few tackle shops, none had any glow in the dark ones, also tried lookin for the popular eco gear sx40 for breams, but no shop had any ecogear lures...any suggestion guys? im in syd

:1yikes: I hav never been to a shop with no SX 40's Cmon are you going to a proper tackle shop or just grrrrrrrr+_+_)??

Some shops also hav em at the back so you need to ask then they take em out for ya. As for glow in the dark plastics i hav used nuclear chicken and Glow both by GULP! and have caught some tailor+bream with them at night. Atomic range also has one or two glow colors if i can remember but i dont use em anymore

These glow in the dark lures are very good day lures too especially the nuclear chicken One of my favourite color for plastiics. Hammers the flatties :thumbup: But at this time off the year you gotta be careful with jackets, tailor and pike make your plastics disintergrate to nothing within seconds

got a noob question, do u guys use a small running sinker on the Soft plastics? or no sinker at all? I always put the smallest sinker as running on it so i can cast it out far, if i dont use one, then it goes nowhere...

got a noob question, do u guys use a small running sinker on the Soft plastics? or no sinker at all? I always put the smallest sinker as running on it so i can cast it out far, if i dont use one, then it goes nowhere...

Do you use weighted hooks?

just the normal ones i think lol, not sure im a complete noob to fishing terms and gears sorry, i will need to buy a video to teach me all the basics...etc

.......The rattle sends out vibrations and the fish respond to that. Jackall Chubby's a top choice for this sort of thing but again, not at the stores with bright red strobes out the front and heaps of tacky combo's comming out of buckets! hahahaha

Musty

Any idea if they sell the empty buckets on special and the bigger buckets that house the empty buckets on special as well as I need buckets full of other buckets to resume a life time love of placing buckets in buckets.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

just the normal ones i think lol, not sure im a complete noob to fishing terms and gears sorry, i will need to buy a video to teach me all the basics...etc

I recommend you stick with baitfishing first to get bream and flatties since you are new to fishing.

Landbased softplastics is quite difficult in some areas and I'm sure you will lose A LOT of jigs, just some basic tips first, get to know your area. Arrive at the lowest tide and you may be able to spot some snags which you want to avoid. You require a lot more experience and technique to use plastic sucessfully.

Bream like structure, so you're gonna lose a bit on the snags, flatheads are on the bottom, so basically your jig will be touching the seabed (may have a lot of snags too).

As for plastics, you should read up on how to use them. They can be casted out on a running sinker rig... But your chances are reduced compared to jiggin them. I have the sinker on the main line attached to a swivel, then a long leader attached to a hook. Using any coloured gulp sandworm/bloodworm can be rigged this way.

As for the jighead (weighted hooks), you use heavier ones when the water is fast and rough. Lighter jigs on calmer days.

Of course the heavier the sinker the further it goes....

Where do you live in Sydney? I may be able to help you a bit.