Port Kembla Breakwall

Littledinghy

Hi Fellow Raiders,

Attached is the reply I got from Port Kembla Port Corp, I think the guy is right, I think we should start encouraging our fellow fishos to do the right thing. I, for a start will encourage the people I go fishing with.

Please do the same thing. We gotta start somewhere. And this is not only at a certain place, it has to apply to every fishing places we go.

Cheers,

Littledinghy (Pedro)

P.S...Thanks Donna for letting me post this reply, much appreciated.

Hi Pedro,

I can understand your frustration, as I am constantly noticing rubbish left by irresponsible people in many places around the harbour. In the case of the Northern Break wall, we have a large bin in place, just to the west of the pedestrian access gate, which is not locked & can be used by Fisho’s etc. The problem is encouraging people to take the time to put their rubbish in the bin. Maybe a kind word to your fellow Fisho’s might help.

Regards,

Nathan Astill

Works Supervisor

Port Kembla Port Corporation

Corner Darcy & Military Roads

PO Box 89 Port Kembla NSW 2505

Web: www.portkembla.com.au

Email: nta@portkembla.com.au

Phone: 02 4275 0137

Mobile: 0421 050 830

Fax: 02 4276 2142

Port Kembla Port Corporation

start somewhere.

Thats what i told u guys in a previous post and u know what reply i got?

"you cant honestly tell me that u take all ur left over bait and rubbish back home with you..." or sumthing along those lines...

deadset. :chair:

Musty

Thanks for reading the post Musty, I can understand your feeling, we really can't help those people with attitude like that but we can encourage others to do the right thing, please don't give up Musty, what we are doing might be just a drop in the ocean but the ocean will be less if we miss that drop.

Littledinghy

• 10 months later...

hi raiders, just wondering where or what road is the northern break wall in port kembla? is this at forshore rd or port kembla road? thinking of going there soon

thanks

hi raiders, just wondering where or what road is the northern break wall in port kembla? is this at forshore rd or port kembla road? thinking of going there soon

thanks

im not sure what rd its on but im pretty sure a fisho was washed off the rocks there last night & died.hope its not a fellow raider.can anyone else confirm if this is right or not???

cheers johnny. :beersmile::thumbup:

im not sure what rd its on but im pretty sure a fisho was washed off the rocks there last night & died.hope its not a fellow raider.can anyone else confirm if this is right or not???

cheers johnny. :beersmile::thumbup:

You're right unfortunately. Dont think it was breakwall though. It was probably the rocks at Hill 60 :(

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/news/local/news/general/man-dies-in-surf-at-port-kembla/1793824.aspx

Condolences to his family.

Edited by Frizzy

I heard on the radio he was from yagoona...

I'm not sure why people would fish there in a southerley swell....The place is dangerous....

There appears to be a common factor in deaths at Hill 60 and that is no apparent knowledge of surf conditions...

I totally agree with you there. I don't know what is the big fuss about hill 60. Ive personally never been there myself and i refuse to go as i hear so many stories of people getting injured or dieing due to the waves there. Supposedly it is generally quite packed out as well. Does anyone know why hill 60 is so popular?