Windamere Dam Camping?

mark10187

There is the camping grounds at the Rylstone end of the the dam, the grounds are well kept with facilities and also a boat ramp. just keep heading to Mudgee from Ilford about 20 kms odd or so .

DON'T take the Rylstone turn off just out of Ilford.

Just keep following the signs to Mudgee & the turn off will be just a bit after Aarons Pass, decent sized intersection which should be well sign posted opposite the entrance to the local rifle range.

Good luck

Windamere Dam

Cudgegong Waters Park

Rylstone, NSW 2849

Telephone: 02 - 6358 8462

Edited by FishDrought

There is the camping grounds at the Rylstone end of the the dam, the grounds are well kept with facilities and also a boat ramp. just keep heading to Mudgee from Ilford about 20 kms odd or so .

DON'T take the Rylstone turn off just out of Ilford.

Just keep following the signs to Mudgee & the turn off will be just a bit after Aarons Pass, decent sized intersection which should be well sign posted opposite the entrance to the local rifle range.

Good luck

Windamere Dam

Cudgegong Waters Park

Rylstone, NSW 2849

Telephone: 02 - 6358 8462

Thanks for your help

Hey Bustoff,

I was out there bout 3 weeks ago and the water was below the end of the ramp. They have put some chucky gravel down, seems to work ok for most but not so good for us with a 16ft c consle n a v6 magna (yeah front wheel drive). Got 1 yella before the dreaded southerly hit, only follows n half hearted hits after that, still well worth the effort i say.

Lata Raida.

Waynie.

bustof - me and my old man will be fishing the dam next thursday 28 may in dad's runabout.

Will be launching there with a late 90s model hilux as the water is low and 4wd is handy there - as waynie said the ramp is very steep.

Say hi if you are camping there,

Cheers,

Dom

thanks for the help guys im gonna head up on the long weekend in june also do any of you guys know if its illegal to use yabby traps there or is it ok coz im gonna get some for bait

Im gonna be land based so some good spots wouldnt go astray if you guys wouldnt mind helpin out

Thanks in advance

Mark