Catching Poddies In Woy Woy

Tim

Hi guys

Can anyone tell me a spot to collect some poddies near Woy Woy?

Also, will they stay alive overnight if I have them in a 20L bucket with an aerator? I've only ever used them on the same day, and when I do that I give them a fresh supply of water quite regularly so I don't know just how hardy they are.

Thanks

Tim

Guest Target

Tim

Try the creek at the entrance to the abatoirs..... loaded with mullet, take the light gear,lots of bread and you could have some fun :thumbup:

Put some traps in on the mangrove side for the smaller poddies, and then berley up for the bigger ones.

Adrian

go to the woy woy baths.

right next to the coop.

bit of bread to berley up and some dough with a little bit of tuna oil mixed into it.

go right to the left of the swimming pool thing.

so ur casting towards the restaurant part.

good spot for livies

Hi guys

Can anyone tell me a spot to collect some poddies near Woy Woy?

Also, will they stay alive overnight if I have them in a 20L bucket with an aerator?  I've only ever used them on the same day, and when I do that I give them a fresh supply of water quite regularly so I don't know just how hardy they are.

Thanks

Tim

37975[/snapback]

Hi Tim,

I got 10 poddies in 1/2hr at a small drain a couple of hundred metres up the road from the Woy Woy Baths a few weeks ago using one of those clear plastic traps.

Kept them alive in Dad's garage overnight in a 9 litre bucket using an aerator. Used a kitchen tidy bag to line the bucket and knotted this loosely over the bucket to stop the fish jumping out. Never tried keeping mullet this long before but they were fine the next day.

Cheers,

Jeff

Guest Target
Thanks Adrian

How have you been?  What's happening with the SRBC, has it folded or just having a rest?

Cheers

Tim

38022[/snapback]

G'Day Tim

Due to a lack of responses from the last few meetings, we sort of decided to give it a rest for a while, maybe go to a meeting every few months. :(

I think that alot of people came along to learn, which was great, but not too many came along to keep things going. We really didnt get into too much advanced stuff either, like newer concepts. Shame really that more newbies (like myself at the start) didnt come along, its a fun and interesting way to get more hands on and get the most out of your fishing experience/hobby/obsession. The others that would have been good support and picked up alot is the occasional builder that knows a bit, but give them a few extra tips and tricks and you save yourself heaps of time on each rod...

As to the poddies, I've kept them alive overnight in an un-airated live bait tank in the boat before.. about 12 in the 5-10cm range in a 20l tank, filled it up at about 10pm and were still kicking fine at 6 the next morning. with an airator you should be fine, maybee get a fresh water change just before you go to bed, next morning fine.

Adrian

Hi Adrian

Pity about the rod building club. I was getting into it too, but to be honest it was pretty easy to get there from Hornsby. I'm not sure if I'd handle coming in from the central coast, I'm a bit slack that way.

Anyway, thanks for the tips with the poddies fellas. Now all I need to do is get a chance to go fishing! It's been almost 4 weeks now and I'm starting to lose it!

Cheers

Tim