Blades/vibes

Hey Raiders

I've been wanting to get into fishing with blade lures for a while now after hearing plenty of good things about them, just wondering though what brands are the best to start on and in what colours or doesn't it realy matter. Also are they generally a smaller lure? as most i have seen in the shops are pretty small.

Any help would be appreciated :yahoo:

Jono :1fishing1:

Jono -

Have not had much success with blades myself, but then dont use them much, so thats my excuse :074:

Believe the gold, bronze & copper colours are popular with those that use them to some effect.

I have some by Ecogear and Koolubung but there are plenty of other brands to choose from.

Others may have more to offer on the subject and technique required.

If you have not yet tried - do a search in Fishraider and find prevoius posts on "Blades"

Good luck

John

I've only started fishing with blades on the last few weeks and have found them dynamite while fishing deeper water. I"m still on my L plates on them but I'm having a great time learning.

The one's I've been using are

Koolabung X Ray Prawns

Strike Pro Vibes

TT

To date my favourite is the copper/transparent koolabung x ray prawn.

The way I'm fishing them is letting them sink with my rod at 7 o'clock tightening up the slack and slowly bringing the rod to 12 o'clock letting them sink and doing the same thing again. You'll notice as you bring the rod tip to the vertical the pulse of the lure working. Another thing that has worked for me in shallower water is letting them sink and a very slow roll.

Mate use them now 90% of the time and find that the best on the market are

TT's

Little Max's

VX's

All are different it there own way and work well depending on locations.

These also work not only on bream, whitting, flathead, but also ive got blackfish trev's.

Now turned my attention to bassin with them aswell and have found them great.

Just keep working with them and you will crack the patten im sure....good luck. :1fishing1:

Use them quite a bit mainly TT switchblades Jaz rayzrs and koolabung xray prawns

Had a lot of success with TT lure switchblades, 1/8g. I've tried others but the switchblades give off a nice strong vide compared to others, the Berkley big eye blades are ok also.

Best colours i've found to work are the gold/silver combo colours.

Caught bream, flathead and EP's on blades so far.

Cheers,

Leo

I've only cracked them out a handfull of times but in the last week I've caught slimy mackeral and amberjack on a 90mm blade and a yakka on my little 20mm blade. Pelagics seem to be into them too. I'm aiming for a jew on the big blade now.

With the big blade it seems the constant retrieve has been the winner so far one these fish, straight down then back to the boat and repeat. Like I said, just starting out though.

Anyone else had a go with the big blades?

i used the 'stiffy' blade in a greeny brown colour with fluoro orange belly to great effect. did pretty well however theyr fragile as hell, not worth the money imho.

The only one I got broke.

Best by far I find is TT's

Still trying new ones out but will always go back to TT.

I also like the TT's they always catch fish before they are lost to a snag or over cast :thumbdown:

another one worth trying is the Jazz rock fish, get the salt version and add a rear treble and hang on!!

when fishing give them a strong rip between pauses, fish love them

bm

I like the tt switchblade in silver minnow, the whiting seem to love them, so does the carpet in the boat, clothing and tips of fingers. The only problem is that I have had to change the trebles when a barb broke. I fish them like plastics. Good luck.

I like the tt switchblade in silver minnow, the whiting seem to love them, so does the carpet in the boat, clothing and tips of fingers. The only problem is that I have had to change the trebles when a barb broke. I fish them like plastics. Good luck.

Tried Berkley Big Eye blade today, the flathead love them, worth trying. Colour was "gold noggin" and got quite a few hits on it.