Tough Weekend On The Parra

gerg

Well after bragging about how well the Parra has been fishing, my mate Thuan decide to fly up from Melbourne to have a crack at the yellowfin brims. He's pretty comfortable on the natural structure and flats, so we decided to fish tight into the manmade structure. Pontoons, marinas, jetties, boat hulls.

He arrived early Saturday and we hit the parra in the wind and the rain just after lunch for a quick little session. First spot Thuan hooks up to a very good fish pretty quickly. After a long run, he pulled hooks - only to find a straightened rear treble and bent rear eyelet on his sinking stick minnow. At this point I'm sure he was thinking this is going to be easy... Not so at all.

The wind was pretty strong, and holding the boat straight was quite a task, so we decided to make a move to Balmain and find some shelter. I managed to hook and lose a kingy pretty quickly on a moored boat, and we managed 3 small bream to 28cm. The weather was ordinary, so we decided to call it quits after a few hours.

Sunday we were joined by my Brother Chris and hit the water at a very decent 7am. What a tough old day it turned out to be though. The first hour and a bit saw 1 undersize bream and a couple of small flathead come to the boat. A quick move, and I hooked a very good bream, only to pop the leader after a good run. Note to self - that small nick in the leader that you've been ignoring is always gonna come back to bite you!

Not long after, Thuan hooks up to a nice trevally. The extended fight meant I could get few action pics and some Video Here

post-1674-1243247432_thumb.jpg post-1674-1243247448_thumb.jpg

A few more undersize fish followed by move up the Lane Cove saw more undersize fish come over the side. By now, the stomachs were grumbling, and the lure of food was more enticing than the fishing and we headed for the fishmarkets for a feed.

A last ditch effort in Blackwattle Bay was fruitless so we pulled the pin.

post-1674-1243247831_thumb.jpg post-1674-1243247847_thumb.jpg

another short video

We had a good couple of days on the water with a few laughs and a good feed, but the fishing was a disappointment - first Parra river donut in a long time...

Cheers, Greg

Billy - I obviously fall into the Hack category too. I've had my fair share of donuts

Jorg - not much to write home about is cool, just not when you're trying to show off to your mates! :(:tease:

Greg

Gerg

.....Thanks for the photo

.....Now thats what I call a BOAT !!

Brilliant

.....Cheers

Trapper Tom

Brilliant looking boat alright Trapper, the only problem I'd have owning a colourful boat like that is that I'd have a feeling that everyone was watching me even people who weren't even there. :1yikes::biggrin2:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Hey Jewgaffer

Absolutely.

But after spending that much on the outfit I reckon I'd want "EVERYBODY" to be looking at me. :thumbup::074:

Gerg Can't wait for your next video please don't let us fishraiders down. I'm not that computer savvy myself, I only just worked out how to post a damn Picture!! :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Cheers

Trapper T