Coalcliff Beach Last 2 Weekends

BeachAngler

Just a report on Coalcliff beach the last 2 weekends.

Have had reasonable catches of bream from the northern end of the beach. Basically there is only a small area that is easily fishable, the rest is all reef.

I have managed a few luderick and some thumper boots from the reef but it isn't much fun being snagged so often.

Best bait has been mullet strips fished on a one or two hook paternoster rig with a decent size star sinker.

Just a report on Coalcliff beach the last 2 weekends.

Have had reasonable catches of bream from the northern end of the beach. Basically there is only a small area that is easily fishable, the rest is all reef.

I have managed a few luderick and some thumper boots from the reef but it isn't much fun being snagged so often.

Best bait has been mullet strips fished on a one or two hook paternoster rig with a decent size star sinker.

Good on you Beach Angler - good to see a Raider volunteering useful fishing info like that without prompting. That's what this site is all about!!

No problem at all. It's a wonderful little beach, can be frustrating at times due to the reef out there.

Don't forget there are great rock platforms at both ends of the beach and have had some great catches from them as well.

I am heading down this weekend again, weather dependant and will report back.