South Curl Curl Rocks? Any Good?

BeachAngler

Under a float is the way to go, no sinker really, or just small enough to keep it there, and yes there are Blackfish and Pigs there sometimes.

The bottom is sandy with some boulders and weed mixed in but lots of free ground so as not to snag out far.

Edited by xtosea

Gotta love Google Earth!!!!

Here are the coordinates for the spot I saw, just copy and paste those numbers into GE and it will show you.

33°46'31.16"S 151°17'37.07"E

Is that Flat Rock?

Even if it is not empty there looks to be quite a long stretch and can fit many anglers.

Gotta love Google Earth!!!!

Here are the coordinates for the spot I saw, just copy and paste those numbers into GE and it will show you.

33°46'31.16"S 151°17'37.07"E

Is that Flat Rock?

Even if it is not empty there looks to be quite a long stretch and can fit many anglers.

Yeah sort of, it's about 50m south of that spot, and allows you to stand out near deeper water. Has rod holders and the lot, but like I said..Always taken! There are better spots to go, even nearly as accessable in the area. I suggest putting on the walking shoes and checking the other headlands.

king slayer...... would you be up for a days fishing sometime soon in that area?

would love to get to know the place better.

Sounds good to me. Send me your details via PM.

I warn you though, I'm no seasoned expert.

Dave

Hey BeachAngler I fish that area most weeks.Mostly for Blackies and Pigs There's a few spots all along there from Freshie Beach to Curly beach. There's a nice gutter off the pool at the moment.Fished it yesterday for only a little samon.But it's normally not a bad spot if the swell's up.Hope this helps. I may even see you down there some time Good luck mate