2 / 06 / 09 Botany Bay

dogtooth

Hi Everyone ,

I headed out to Botany Bay on Tuesday to see if the tailor and kings were still hanging around , As I was fishing solo for the day I decided to have a fish with lures for the tailor first up . Well second cast and the choppers were on , they are so much fun on 2kg gear and the Sol just loves it . I must have had about 4 tailor by now in the ice slurry and I casted towards the school and im on again this time the sol screamed and at least 150 metres of line screamed of reel the first run , straight away my thoughts were KING …. :yahoo: , for the next 20 mins it was a tug of war affair and I was just hoping that the leader was going to hold together as it was only 10lb vanish that had caught a few tailor earlier . …. It sure had some blistering runs but as I was over sand and no structure I was pretty confident that all would be good . Near the end of the fight the king even swum towards the boat and I had to drive away from the fish as I knew he was way to green on light line and outboards and light line don’t mix . By the time I got him boatside again the king was pretty stuffed and I just placed the net under him and lifted him in the boat , a quick measure and he went 73 cms :thumbup: . I caught a few more tailor then decided that I needed a change so I headed to the bait grounds to see if the squid were around . After what felt like hours I managed 3 little squid , so I set off to try and turn them into kings . As the swell was huge I could not fish where I wanted so I tried some new grounds but it was plagued by undersize kings . . . By now my 3 live baits were shredded so I put a little squid strip down on a jig head and sent it down on the downrigger , it didn’t take long and the rod buckled but didn’t feel big at all , and up comes a undersize reddie ,

Downrigging for snapper could be the new sport . Well after that I called it a day and headed home . …. Sorry about the pics as I was fishing solo……

post-692-1243990284_thumb.jpg

New PB on the SOL 73 cm

post-692-1243990311_thumb.jpg

undersize red Downrigging

post-692-1243990303_thumb.jpg

King And Choppers

Cheers …….. Dogtooth :1fishing1: ………… John :beersmile: ………………

Edited by dogtooth

Do you ever not catch good kings?

How on earth do you do it!?!

:thumbup:

Well done dude

Well done Dogtooth! :thumbup: John is like a human meteor when he gets into it during the day but for some reason had a tendency to fall asleep during a Hacking session with me, but the benefit of that is, the longer you flake out when fishing for jewfish actually increases your hook up rate....

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Well done Dogtooth! :thumbup: John is like a human meteor when he gets into it during the day but for some reason had a tendency to fall asleep during a Hacking session with me, but the benefit of that is, the longer you flake out when fishing for jewfish actually increases your hook up rate....

Cheers

Oh that may be true but if the fishing is quiet its time for a little NAP ...... nothing better than being woken by a screaming drag...... Ps there is still a foam blue roll in my boat with your secret jewie rigs on it.

Cheers John...

Well done on your catch there DT, :thumbup:

I went for a drive down to the bay on Tuesday and saw you out there in your

boat alone. I wish I hadnt let the rain frighten me from getting out there on

the bay also after seeing the rain disapear.

Oh that may be true but if the fishing is quiet its time for a little NAP ...... nothing better than being woken by a screaming drag...... Ps there is still a foam blue roll in my boat with your secret jewie rigs on it.

Cheers John...

Use those rigs for luck John :thumbup: from memory the leader is 60 lbs and the hooks are 2x7/0s ..if the rigs are for mono they would already have smallish swivels but are rated at 130lbs....

Cheers

Hi Penguin and Dogtooth.

DT, AWESOME fish on 2Kg, HTF did you set a 7/0 with 2kg spiderweb????

Love to figure out how to catch kings in the bay. :1prop:

We're not worthy!

Penguin, know how you feel, I was looking and thinking and decided to waste my time in the office.

Silly me.

Keep it up! :beersmile:

Chris

Top session mate , a great haul of fish, and that gear you have looks top stuff, my taste in reels is the same, I have a Sol 3000 and a TD Advantage 4000, great reels that produce the goods as your pics show..

Congrats Dogtooth..

Cheers...

DT, AWESOME fish on 2Kg, HTF did you set a 7/0 with 2kg spiderweb????

Keep it up! :beersmile:

Chris

I was using lures with owner chemical trebles , the same lure i got the tailor with......

Cheers John....

Top session mate , a great haul of fish, and that gear you have looks top stuff, my taste in reels is the same, I have a Sol 3000 and a TD Advantage 4000, great reels that produce the goods as your pics show..

Congrats Dogtooth..

Cheers...

Yes Ray they are very nice reels to use and you appreciate them when your hooked up . My Sol is the 2000

Cheers John...

Well done on your catch there DT, :thumbup:

I went for a drive down to the bay on Tuesday and saw you out there in your

boat alone. I wish I hadnt let the rain frighten me from getting out there on

the bay also after seeing the rain disapear.

It turned out to be a very nice day on the water . did not get a drop of rain ...

Cheers John....

: :A couple of nice outfitts there , if you are ever looking for a deckie through the week give me a call or come for a run with me some time

Cheers Garry :1fishing1::1fishing1::1fishing1::1fishing1:

The list is pretty long Gary but i will add you to it ........

Cheers John....