Berleying On Beaches

mark10187

Have some kind of container that you can open and close to put your berley in with enough holes so that the burley can also get out. Tie a rope to it and leave it in the wash of the beach where the waves continually wash over it but it's not fully submerged. Have the rope tied to something so you don't loose ya burley bucket :)

Cheers, Joel

Those burley cage things like in adventure bound thats where i learnt my way from. Fill the cage with pillies prawns and pellets and leave it around the wash pinned to the sand by 2 ends so that it can roll around. when i need bait open the cage and get some. Really works

ive got a plastic berley bucket that i usually use on the boat which should be sufficient what would be a good berley mix for the beach when i on the boat i use a mixture of pellets,tuna oil and crushed up pilchard should i change my mixture for the beach????

Hi Mark,

We go to our local fruit an veg store and get big onion bags, around the 20 kilo mark they are orange plastic mesh. We load these up and tie it off to one of our Rod holders and just let it get smashed in the shore break.

Nath

Take a pair of ladies pantyhose cut one of the legs off. Put berley in one of the legs and stab it a few times with a knife. Tie a knot in the top to secure the berley. Drive a stake in the top and bottom or just anchor it with one stake into the sand. The whole thing will stay put and the berley will travel with the flow of the water where your bait should be.

Edited by tan the fisherman