Tunks Park

chewsta

A mate of mine was out yesterday and when he returned back to the boatramp at the end of the day some workman that were there in regards to the new pontoon had a word to him and told him the news.

Apparently they plan to re-do the ramp itself aswell so that it isnt so steep.

I was also planning on using the ramp over the next few days so would like to know if anyone has any other info?

cheers

Allen

Please tell me that isn't so about the ramp. Only ramp deep v owners can use without goose extension or drowning the car and it is never real slippery. The lengthening they did made it shallower already.

Hope they thought up a better pontoon design like one that floats next to the ramp so it makes it quicker for everyone.

The thoughts of dredging the bay and all the fancy stuff they were thinking was in my mind a waste of money and unless the existing ramp is undermined again leaving it alone woukd be good. Stiring up the sediment in that end of the bay is not a good option and wouldn't want to know what is there as it is all reclaimed dump land.

Hope you are wrong but it wouldn't surprise me. Off to beat head against a brick wall.

Edited by pelican

Sorry Pel, its second hand info at best mate. So i was hoping someone may have a better idea for us all, especially with the long weekend approaching.

I agree with you about the ramp, Apart from needing better lighting there, I definitely think its one of the better ones, if not the best one around.

Does anybody know who I could maybe contact to find out for sure? local Council etc?

North Sydney - talk to the engineers - they are a good bunch and would be managing any work but have limited design input.

Okay guys, this just in...

I spoke to North Sydney Council and the boat ramp is definitely NOT closed for this weekend..

but renovations are going ahead in the near future.

Sorry for causing some of you to panic.

Enjoy the long weekend everyone.

Allen

• 3 weeks later...

I emailed North Sydney Council concerning Tunks Park ramp and they replied on 18/6 appologising for their failure to remove the 2008 sign. They indicated that there were no current plans to do any work at the ramp in the forseeable future. If so, this is at odds with some of the earlier contributions to this thread.