Yamaha 150 4 Stroke

pauljm

Hey radiers...just wondering if anyone can tell me are "normal" muffs ok to use on these motors as we went out on sat. and had no probs but when flushing motor out no water would come out of tell tale....thought at the time it could have been poor water pressure or something like that but just tried it again and its still the same...ive never had a problem b4 so i assume i have a blockage somewhere or dud water pump or what?... motor was serviced 3 months ago and is out of dealer warranty by a number of days so b4 taking it to dealer would like to hear anyones opinions? Water is coming out of exhaust and everywhere else but the tell tale.... what do ya reckon???

Hey radiers...just wondering if anyone can tell me are "normal" muffs ok to use on these motors as we went out on sat. and had no probs but when flushing motor out no water would come out of tell tale....thought at the time it could have been poor water pressure or something like that but just tried it again and its still the same...ive never had a problem b4 so i assume i have a blockage somewhere or dud water pump or what?... motor was serviced 3 months ago and is out of dealer warranty by a number of days so b4 taking it to dealer would like to hear anyones opinions? Water is coming out of exhaust and everywhere else but the tell tale.... what do ya reckon???

a little test i would do is remove thermostat and turn tap on with engine not running and see if water gets upto the thermostat housing if so all good to there ..next test i would do is follow telltale hose back to where it connects to engine and remove blow through hose to check if telltale is clear if clear all good there .and so just process of elimation,proberly do telltale hose check first ,sounds like there might be a blockage there ,otherwise ask heuy hopefully only little problem. cheers dunc333

It could be a problem with your muffs. I had the same problem, but when i held the muffs tight together with my hands, problem solved. I just clamp the muffs together with a vice clamp otherwise youll be soaked if you stand next to the motor while flushing :1prop:

hope this helps

It could be a problem with your muffs. I had the same problem, but when i held the muffs tight together with my hands, problem solved. I just clamp the muffs together with a vice clamp otherwise youll be soaked if you stand next to the motor while flushing :1prop:

hope this helps

Thanks for that as I tried that the other day and it didnt seem to work but tried again just now and it got water out of tell tale so thats all it is....i will have to try and source a better quality set of muffs or if not ill fabricate my own... surely with the price of big outboards there is a better quality flushing system around?

Thanks for that as I tried that the other day and it didnt seem to work but tried again just now and it got water out of tell tale so thats all it is....i will have to try and source a better quality set of muffs or if not ill fabricate my own... surely with the price of big outboards there is a better quality flushing system around?

my mate has the 150 4stroke and you need the muffs that pump water into both intakes,not just one side, that should fix your prob.

On my 115HP Yammy 4St, i find that if i don't fit the muffs "just right" water won't come thru the tell tale...

The muffs i have are the rectangular "large" size, but they only pump thru from one side (single hose attachment on one side).

If they are positioned just a little too far forward or rearward (even still covering the water inlet) they just wont allow the water up, if there's something better out there, let me know, i'm keen to get something better too...

do they not need flushing? (must be part of the maintenance free 300hrs, or 21million female words) :tease:

looked at heaps of them, broken on the ramp - that's why i got a Yammy :yahoo: JK :1prop:

Yeah gotta admit real happy with the yammie....seems the majority of boats i see lately have a yammie on them... or is it just me? tunks park early sat 3 out of 4 boats that i saw all had one on them

Yeah gotta admit real happy with the yammie....seems the majority of boats i see lately have a yammie on them... or is it just me? tunks park early sat 3 out of 4 boats that i saw all had one on them

Yeah that is why Evinrude have 34% share of the clean market here in Oz.