All Bites Not Enough Action @ Wisemans Ferry...

ritchie

...Just got back from a quick morning LB session @ Wisemans Ferry... Me and my mate were pumped to score some good bream and flatties and..umm..perhaps a jewie and were praying it not to rain..

I always liked the drive down there and somewhere around Maroota saw this "joy ride went wrong" scene ... it wouldve been around 7am and this car fully smashed on this tree which was uprooted..we could see that the engine was still warm (cos it was cold outside, u could see the steam coming out)..and no one was around..me and my mate panicked and jumped out of our car only to find NO ONE in that car..somewhat wierd situation as we couldnt see any tow truck,cop car or even a local around..ummm..may be some idiot stole this car and went for a joy ride..

post-4048-1244960907_thumb.jpg

anyways, back to fishing..

we got to our spot around 7.30 am..bottom of the tide..so we spent some time rigging the rods and having brekky..first cast hit the water around 8.15 and my 4lb setup had a massive bite straight away but soon as i strike it got snagged!! wouldve been a good fish..however after many many many big bites and snags, scored this 35cm (Im pretty sure it was 35 as i measured it against my tackle box and its tail hung out..tackle box is 25cm long) EP..it did put up a nice fight..

post-4048-1244961162_thumb.jpg

Caught on 4lb mono set up on a hawkesbury prawn..however released it after the photo session as it is the spawning season for EPs and it is prohibited to keep them...

..nothing much after that fish except few more bites and one dropped approx 30cm flattie!..

once again....it was fun to get out there and spend some time by the water...