Berowra Waters

Homeside

Hi All,

Made it to Berowra Waters on Sunday and fishing the first half of the ebb tide on the Hornsby side of the ferry crossing, managed to lose one of those green weed flies from "Go Fish" I was experimenting with, get lots of furtive downs and eventually bag a couple of nice fish to 30cms from very aggressive bait hits towards the end of the session.

Gear used was a standard 10' estuary rod by Viva, with a centrepin creation.

Also a light float (running a 20mm trace to 8'-10' deep) and weed sourced from the Georges River for bait and burley. Speaking to the ferry-master, who is also a keen blackfisherman, he suggested coming back in another week or two as the main body of blackies were further downstream, and only now were starting to make there way up towards Berowra Waters and Calabash Bay for the breeding season.

If anyone would like to join up in the near future for a bash out that way (mid-week?) it would be great to meet some of the other mad keen darkie fisho's from around here.

Edited by Jewhunter

nice work mate i have spent a fair bit of time fishing berowra waters for the blackies but not recently will have to get back down there and give em a go:P

cheers hoodlum

Cool - BW is a beautiful place for a relaxing day, catching those fish was just a bonus.

P.S. I have a feeling that the blackies were feeding a lot higher than the depth being fished because the downs that resulted in the ones caught went almost horizontal when taken. Next outing will start from 3' and move down as needed.

Edited by Homeside

Hi Homeside,

Just curious, are you landbased? if not, is the place can be fished from land?

Been using that ramp there frequently but never tried blackfishing. I am thinking since it's too cold to launch the boat I would try landbased, will appreciate very much if you could give some info.

Thanks,

Littledinghy

Hi Homeside,

Just curious, are you landbased? if not, is the place can be fished from land?

Been using that ramp there frequently but never tried blackfishing. I am thinking since it's too cold to launch the boat I would try landbased, will appreciate very much if you could give some info.

Thanks,

Littledinghy

Hi Littledinghy,

Just fish either side of the ferry ramp right into the drink, (although apparently the Hornsby side of the crossing is best when they're running - both the fish and the ferry :)). Let us know how you go!

Cheers

Edited by Homeside