Easy Snell Or Common Snell Which Is Better

hooklineandsinker

i just learned how to tie a common snell for its use as a sliding snell

but i found there is an easier way to tie a snell which is on you tube

i still am tieing commons snells though

my question is does anyone use the easy method as the line finishes on top of the snell not under as the common snell does i worried about its strength really

also does anyone know what the line strength percentage on snells ?

thanks mike

IMHO go the common rather than the easy those trophy fish the ones that make being a member here even more worth while so u can whack the happy snaps up on the brag board...they have a nasty way of finding the slightest little weakness in your tackle and destroying u..making u look like a fool in the process ive had sessions where ive been fishing off the rocks for pigs and caught bootfish after bootfish and then losing hooks by the end of oit i was fed up took a short cut and as i was lifting the pig out of the water my knot failed

my suggestion do he common and saev ur trophy

IMHO go the common rather than the easy those trophy fish the ones that make being a member here even more worth while so u can whack the happy snaps up on the brag board...they have a nasty way of finding the slightest little weakness in your tackle and destroying u..making u look like a fool in the process ive had sessions where ive been fishing off the rocks for pigs and caught bootfish after bootfish and then losing hooks by the end of oit i was fed up took a short cut and as i was lifting the pig out of the water my knot failed

my suggestion do he common and saev ur trophy

good point bass beginner good point