Removal Of Middle Bench Seat

humkyle

Hi raiders,

im just wondering if i could take the middle bench seat out on my 4metre tinny?

I understand it supports the sides of the tinny, but i was thinking if i put some extra reinforcement under thw waterline, it may provide the same support.

Im looking at putting a new false floor in, and the middle bench seat takes up ALOT of room.

thanks

Hi raiders,

im just wondering if i could take the middle bench seat out on my 4metre tinny?

I understand it supports the sides of the tinny, but i was thinking if i put some extra reinforcement under thw waterline, it may provide the same support.

Im looking at putting a new false floor in, and the middle bench seat takes up ALOT of room.

thanks

Hi humkyle... It would be a good idea to contact the mayfair aluminium plant in Qld...They are the makers of clarke and savage boats.... The side console savage that I bought in Qld about eighteen months ago was made by mayfair and the side console and floor is a mayfair design....

Get advice from the foreman I'd say and ask for suggestions and possible a copy of one of their strut diagrams, and then have the struts welded on professionally down here...As to the false floor design have a look at the link in one of Iceman's posts, there are some good space saving and in floor storage ideas that shouldn't cost too much at all.....

Hope this is of some help...

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1: