Pb Spanish Mack

Michael Hatte

post-10930-1245828224_thumb.jpgThis mack was caught trolling a garfish at Cobourg/NT in 2007, 19kg and around 1.2meters.

Caught my first mack a day earlier around the 80cm mark using a garfish, saw numerous fish jumping all day and after chatting to the boys over a couple cans that night the plan was to hit it early... Up early the next day and started rigging up for a quick troll out around a coral bommie, 20mins into it we had not seen any fish activity and were thinking about heading in when all hell broke loose!!!!!

I will never forget the sound that eggbeater made, the fish had to of stripped 100m+ of line in a couple seconds.. Magic stuff!!!!

After a 5 or so minute fight we had our first glimpse of it, a couple more short runs and she ran out of puff and had her aboard..

That was my first trip up north and i was completely Blow away, Crossing off around 20 fish that i had never seen or caught...

Just booked a trip to Weipa in with the same crew of people who took me to Cobourg, cant wait to get amongst it again!!!

Edited by bloopin