Where Did All The Fish Go

ratbag

G'day gang I have a new neighbour move in next door who's a keen fisho. So being a good neighbour I took him down to Banrty Bay. To see what we could get.Hope ing for a Kingy or bream. Well don't know that happened on Sun but we could'nt even find any bait fish :05: .Bearly a bite Still it's a nice walk in.And he was imprest with the place in general

I'm sure everyone will relate to a no fish day like that mulletmug. If I had a chance to do a session with a neighbour in Bantry Bay I'd keep a close eye on the conditions for around about next Tuesday afternoon after work.....

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

G'day Mullet Mug

Its been that damn cold they have all put "leatherjackets"on.

:074::074::074::074:

Cheers Trapper Tom

Yer Toikle pretty much the same up in banrty Bay too.Was'nt even any leatherjackets Tom I even lowered myself to catching them.Jewgaffer ???

Hi,

Mate i am not surprised that it was quiet.

This time of year in MH is hard work.

Good time to target jewies only for me and from now until September i would probably only fish a few times on prime tide/moon phase.

Good time to hang up the gear after a good clean and lube, then wait.

Cheers

The more I learn, the more I realise that you can always find fish if you know where to go and maybe just try some new things. For example, last night myself and Calamari Kid fished the ocean rocks for the tide turn. We didn't get a jew, but got nearly spooled by a big shark, dropped another good fish, got some good hits that didn't hook up, but that was the first try. I'll be doing that again. Plenty of action somewhere.

That's my take on slow fishing anyhow. Doesn't always work out, but I figure I have a lot of learning to do too.

Dave