Adventure Bound - Beach Fishing Sydney ?

archilles2

Hey all, hope everyone is feeling fantastic and counting down the days till spring - not too far off lads and ladettes.

Anyhoo, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a top beach for beach fishing within 1 hours drive of the city of sydney - north or south ? :)

I purchased two baitrunners and i want to test them out on the open surf - i'm targeting jewwies, tailor, salmon.

Any help would be greatly apprecaited as i don't know where to start...

Edited by archilles2

.....I was wondering if anyone could recommend a top beach for beach fishing within 1 hours drive of the city of sydney - north or south ? :)

......I purchased two baitrunners and i want to test them out on the open surf - i'm targeting jewwies, tailor, salmon.

.....Any help would be greatly apprecaited as i don't know where to start...

Hi Archie, there are still some good fish around that are consistently going in an out of the Hacking and Botany Bay, so why not give the North Cronulla/Eloura/Wanda area a go :thumbup: .... That area is by far the best beach fishing area on the southside in my opinion and easy to get to and easy to fish.....

I reckon you'll do well down there even if it's quiet inside........

It's a good idea to check for likely looking gutters during the afternoon and fish them at night... Make an arrow out of a line of rocks or sticks or something to mark the best looking gutter so that you can find it easily in the dark.

It's pretty dark along there so it's best to keep it that way....I.E. When you go to the spot you have decided on don't have any torches or head lights facing the water at any stage ... Set up your your gear and stuff well back from where you are going to fish... When you go in to cast, make sure that your torch and head lamp etc are nowhere near the water or shining out into it.... Creep up to cast, no noise, no vibrations in the sand, jew are good wormers and go along that area and bring worms up at night.....

I'd check the life savers' activity dip in front of the North Cronulla Surf Club first and then go down alongside the last block of flats in Bando Road and check out Eloura before heading on to Wanda if you have to.......

Archie feel free to give me a yell if there is any other info you might need...

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Mate give the Northern Beaches a go!

From Dee Why to Long Reef is good.

Fish either side of the lagoon entrance at Dee Why in or near a gutter.

Park at the Dee Why end as Long Reef Carpark can be problematic. ie vandalisim.

I caught the jewie in my pic to the left off Long Reef beach.

Cheers

Mike

Edited by zenman

That old reliable North Narabeen has also been firing lately with Tailor and Jewfish particularly now that the beach has started to recover from those recent big seas and some nice gutters are forming.